Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transportation time: AUSTIN ==> SEATTLE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
For a Fremont delivery, it's 2-3 days (based on three prior deliveries). Anyone in Seattle have experience with an Austin MY delivery? How long from VIN to it reaching the SC (not actual delivery as that can be as long as a week later)?

I received my VIN on Tuesday, but my EDD is 5/10-17. Thoughts? Anyone in Seattle have experience?

I got a text from Seattle delivery center says that the car is "in transit to our Fremont Factory via train", which "typically takes a couple of weeks". Also says it'll be loaded onto a truck to Seattle once it arrives at Fremont. I always thought (and was told) that it'll be quick from VIN to delivery but this message makes it sounds like another whole month of wait is ahead.

I got a text from Seattle delivery center says that the car is "in transit to our Fremont Factory via train", which "typically takes a couple of weeks". Also says it'll be loaded onto a truck to Seattle once it arrives at Fremont. I always thought (and was told) that it'll be quick from VIN to delivery but this message makes it sounds like another whole month of wait is ahead.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Makes sense, actually. Mine arrived on 5/12 and delivery on the 13th - just over two weeks from VIN assignment.