Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Travelling in Maritimes, looking for advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best places to research available chargers are www.supercharge.info/map for Tesla Superchargers and www.plugshare.com for other charging infrastructure (be sure to select the types of chargers you're looking for).

Depending on exactly where you're going, you may find the Supercharger network to be kind of sparse. There are a lot of CHAdeMO chargers, but those require the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter. If you don't have one, you might be able to borrow or rent one from a local Tesla owner or owner's club/group.

Reactions: GtiMart and Vawlkus
We just drove across Canada and would like to go to the Maritimes and are wondering how the charging situation. Our real time range is 200. Would appreciate any advice.

A good guide for starters is plugging your destination into the car nav - what does it say? I'm going to guess you'll be good for coast-to-coast if you stick to the main routes (I assume you are talking 200 MILES, not KM?). If you are going into the boonies you might want to check out destination charging and camp grounds with trailer hookups - that's gonna take some research.

Charging isn’t terrible here in the Maritimes, but you would need a chademo to really get around.

Currently, I would recommend not planning to go up to Cape Breton as there is only one charger on that route and it’s getting mobbed pretty heavily.

With new superchargers at New Minas, the Annapolis valley region is easily travelable now.

Anywhere specific you’d want to go?

Reactions: Big Earl
Drove from the GTA to N.S. in June. No issues whatsoever using superchargers and our J1772. Had free charging at WhitePoint resort. A CCS1 adapter would make it even better once Tesla starts offering it. Suggest you get Plugshare.

Charging isn’t terrible here in the Maritimes, but you would need a chademo to really get around.

Currently, I would recommend not planning to go up to Cape Breton as there is only one charger on that route and it’s getting mobbed pretty heavily.

With new superchargers at New Minas, the Annapolis valley region is easily travelable now.

Anywhere specific you’d want to go?
I did 2 weeks in Cape Breton a year ago. Required patience and flexibility. Very few hotels with any type of chargers. The single Flo Chademo charger was always busy. But out on the Cabot Trail, there are destination chargers are many of the main hiking trail parking lots.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I did 2 weeks in Cape Breton a year ago. Required patience and flexibility. Very few hotels with any type of chargers. The single Flo Chademo charger was always busy. But out on the Cabot Trail, there are destination chargers are many of the main hiking trail parking lots.
It’s better on the hotel front now, but it’s a lot more congested at the DCFC this year. We’re seeing multiple occasions where there are 8 to 10 EVs queued up for that charger.