Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Travelling overseas for 3 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to be travelling overseas for 3 weeks. My Tesla will be parked in my garage. I called Tesla Service Center and the rep told me I should plug in the charger and let it charge all the time. Wanted to confirm with you all if thats what I should be doing?

Mine stays plugged in for months at a time and is very happy. Don't worry at all, just leave it charged at any convenience daily charge level. I use 50% but it really does not matter much exactly where you set it. Once or twice a day your car will charge for a few minutes to top off. zero muss, zero fuss.

I have left mine plugged in for 2 or 3 months at a time, no problems.... I use 60% as my daily charge level, but that isn't critical.
When you first drive it upon return your tires might be slightly out of round, but after a mile or so of driving all will be fine. As the other posters have said "a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla":)

I have left mine plugged in for 2 or 3 months at a time, no problems.... I use 60% as my daily charge level, but that isn't critical.
When you first drive it upon return your tires might be slightly out of round, but after a mile or so of driving all will be fine. As the other posters have said "a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla":)

Correct!

If you are going to let it sit for months, either add more air into the tires, or put the car on jack stands!

That way, you won't have to worry about flat spots developing on tires!