Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tried to sign up for Slacker Radio but......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasted an hour here today. I finally conceded that the only music I'm going to get on the screen of my P3 is through Slacker. I had read that others were able to create playlists at home or on mobile and then play them on demand, forward or backward etc in their car. That was fine with me. So I had some trouble signing up and finally contacted someone in chat. Here is how that message went:
A868868-F-A196-4-BEA-B438-3-C6-E9535-EA1-B.png

So, this did nothing but confuse me. For now I found a 4 month free trial with their "plus" membership. I'm not going to pull the trigger on Premium until I can determine whether I can use it.

I learned that the only way to get the playlist and other features you seek is by paying for a premium account. You can’t even log in with a plus account. I tried for days and finally find that tidbit posted by someone else. The account that comes with your vehicle from Tesla is actually a plus account. I signed up for a premium account and was instantly able to login after doing so. I am also able to create playlists on my phone and tablet and have them show in the car. You cannot create or edit playlists from the car. To be honest though, it’s not worth the $10/month to me so I’ll probably be returning to the plus account that came with the car. Hope that helps.

On plus you can go into your settings and bump the quality level up to 320 bits. Been enjoying it for months. I got plus for $30 per year last year.

I got it for $19.99 ;) Some sort of Black Friday deal.

BTW there is a nice feature you get with plus on the car.

I’ve been doing thumbs up and down for months on the car and it doesn’t seem to influence what’s played. Except thumbs down you will never hear that tune again.

Anyway when I was in my Jeep with Car Play I noticed a “favorites button”. I’m still new to slacker and the UI is different on the Car, the phone and the the Jeep car play. So I click the favorites button.

It starts playing almost every tune I ever thumbed up on every channel. And even the songs it plays that I didn't thumb up tend to be tunes I like a lot.

It’s a little weird jumping between Genres though. Might be classical tune followed by reggae ;). But I like both.

Some people say the bandwidth is locked and does not apply to Tesla even with premium account. But the quality on Slacker sounds fine what ever the bandwidth is to my ears.