Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trimming down the Card Key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought of another "crazy idea". Is it possible to fold the card and unfold then use or is it hard/brittle plastic? Thinking if you can fold it and put in a large magnetic key holder. This would insure you always have a backup key in case of iPhone failure.

EDIT: here is a case that would fit in. Kinda expensive but if you ever needed a key it would suddenly be a bargain. Has anyone done something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Lil-Donkey-W...eway&sprefix=large+hide+a+key,aps,136&sr=8-48

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 4.48.20 PM.png

The card has an antenna loop around the perimeter. Found image someone had created itit.Doubt 'll still work correctly if it's cut. Maybe could solder a smaller loop back together?
View attachment 400887
Someone melted the outside with acetone and it still worked after the outside loop being looped in several figure 8s so as to not cut the wire. That way it gets smaller and can be put in something much smaller. Keep that little doo dad in the top right of your pic inside the loop. I want to stash a key outside in case I can’t reach my husband and get locked out without my phone. I have a pin so no one could take the car even if they knew it was a key and unlocked it.