Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Melb to Dubbo (and Rtn)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was to an Old Boys Boarders Reunion. The trip involved Superchargers to Gundagai after which I stayed o'night at my sisters place outside Young and charged at 10A , the next day departing with 100%.charge, At Dubbo I payed $10 to charge at 8A to avoiding tripping a multi outlet board circuit breaker for my three night stay. At the end of my stay I drove to Bathurst to charge at 11kW from the Showgrounds three phase.outlet. This was out of the way somewhat but I had originally intended to go to Syd and didnt have other charging lined up. Nothing unusual so far. I allowed 6% over the trip computer estimate to get to Gundagai SC 318ks. The navigation wanted me to go via Bowning however I overruled it and took back roads to save 40ks. The car occasionally flashed a message Not Enough Charge to Reach Destination which caused a bit of a panic but I got there with 20% spare charge. The rest of the trip was straight forward. My suggestion is dont trust the Navigation and allow 20% spare charge to avoid panic attacks.

Had the same message going from Penola - Adelaide (420km trip) on way back from Melbourne.

Sparky said don't even try when I GPS'd home but when i put her in drive she said...ok...if u reallllly wanna do this stay < 85km/hr...so i did...& then she rewarded me with 90/95/100+km/hr recommendations closer I got to home :)

Got home with 60km spare - happy camper!

I'm allowing 10% buffer from now on just to be safe.

Yup - got 10+km back coming down into Radelaide :cool:

Coming in vs going out is a different story. Sparkys' power usage curve was off the screen when i was leaving :eek:

I'm planning Radelaide - Murray Bridge - Penola - Melbourne with possible stop at either RACV Ballarat or I found 'The Old Butter Factory' in Clunes has a JuiceBox 15kW/3-phase charger on Plugshare - depending how hungry I & Sparky on the way...

Pic1 - leaving Penola
Pic2 - cruising down hill into Radelaide
Pic3 - @ home

So proud of Sparky - she performed admirably. :D:D:D

Attachments

• received_1765478720342640.jpeg
    received_1765478720342640.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 44
  • received_1765547710335741.jpeg
    received_1765547710335741.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 38
  • received_1765555167001662.jpeg
    received_1765555167001662.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 36
This was to an Old Boys Boarders Reunion. The trip involved Superchargers to Gundagai after which I stayed o'night at my sisters place outside Young and charged at 10A , the next day departing with 100%.charge, At Dubbo I payed $10 to charge at 8A to avoiding tripping a multi outlet board circuit breaker for my three night stay. At the end of my stay I drove to Bathurst to charge at 11kW from the Showgrounds three phase.outlet. This was out of the way somewhat but I had originally intended to go to Syd and didnt have other charging lined up. Nothing unusual so far. I allowed 6% over the trip computer estimate to get to Gundagai SC 318ks. The navigation wanted me to go via Bowning however I overruled it and took back roads to save 40ks. The car occasionally flashed a message Not Enough Charge to Reach Destination which caused a bit of a panic but I got there with 20% spare charge. The rest of the trip was straight forward. My suggestion is dont trust the Navigation and allow 20% spare charge to avoid panic attacks.
My experience with 35000 km in OZ and about 3000 Miles in USA is run the 'fuel' gauge on 'typical' and make sure the number in the Nav (distance to go) is always less than the available range. Works a treat :D