Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip planner disappeared after upgrade??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After recent upgrade, my ModelY no longer displays Trip Planner features in the Nav route, supercharger stops, battery level at destination, etc. Kind of important and its now gone! Trip Planner is enabled in Nav settings as it has always been in my vehicle, but no longer shows up in the route, as it always did prior to the upgrade.
Please tell me there is some other setting I'm missing that now needs to be enabled in this new version........or else I'll need to downgrade.
Don't like the new UI in general, much harder to access simple things but Trip Planner suddenly disappearing is the biggie!!

After recent upgrade, my ModelY no longer displays Trip Planner features in the Nav route, supercharger stops, battery level at destination, etc. Kind of important and its now gone! Trip Planner is enabled in Nav settings as it has always been in my vehicle, but no longer shows up in the route, as it always did prior to the upgrade.
Please tell me there is some other setting I'm missing that now needs to be enabled in this new version........or else I'll need to downgrade.
Don't like the new UI in general, much harder to access simple things but Trip Planner suddenly disappearing is the biggie!!

Yep, I tried to look for planned drive and super charger info the other day and couldn’t find it either. Anyone know where to look if at all???

Also, there must be a way to “un-do” this latest update. I’ve given it a chance and it seems that everything is just tougher to do. Please don’t say “use the voice control” because it seems that it just doesn’t work when I need it to. “Unknown command” or something like that is the favorite response. Arggghhhhh

After posting this, I did go back to my vehicle and spend more time with it, and finally found you need to scroll down the entire nav route screen to finally see the battery level at destination. Before it showed it to you immediately after entering the destination which was totally driver friendly. Now it is not, maybe explains why more Teslas are running out of charge of the freeway. This new UI is totally clunky! It still does not show supercharger stops.....or maybe you need to scroll down or hunt around for that too. Another thing they took away is the ability to quickly touch the map at lower right and display the superchargers. Another thing is if you want to simply minimize the streaming song to the bottom to show more of the map, it disappears completely and you have to go through several buttons to get it back.
Who or what is designing this UI....perhaps a bot or algorithm and not a real driver? Personally I will contact Tesla to request a downgrade now.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
After posting this, I did go back to my vehicle and spend more time with it, and finally found you need to scroll down the entire nav route screen to finally see the battery level at destination. Before it showed it to you immediately after entering the destination which was totally driver friendly. Now it is not, maybe explains why more Teslas are running out of charge of the freeway. This new UI is totally clunky! It still does not show supercharger stops.....or maybe you need to scroll down or hunt around for that too. Another thing they took away is the ability to quickly touch the map at lower right and display the superchargers. Another thing is if you want to simply minimize the streaming song to the bottom to show more of the map, it disappears completely and you have to go through several buttons to get it back.
Who or what is designing this UI....perhaps a bot or algorithm and not a real driver? Personally I will contact Tesla to request a downgrade now.
can you provide update after you contacted Tesla?

can you provide update after you contacted Tesla?
It does not seem possible to downgrade. Too bad.
The new UI is less useful. Nav window doesn't show the battery level at destination on the screen like it did before, you now need to constantly scroll down with your finger to the bottom of the window to see it. Not safe when driving and it was good to see the destination level changing on the screen.
New version, when I enter a destination it sometimes throws up a warning "not enough battery to reach destination" without plugging in a supercharger stop. So you are on your own to search for one and set as your new destination or waypoint. NEVER did this for me before. It does it only for some destinations, don't know why.
Removing the 'display superchargers' button at lower right of map is a negative. Now you need to cancel your trip and hit another button to display the superchargers, then restart the trip. 3 buttons instead of 1 is never a good idea when driving unless there is an upside and I don't see one.
This is not a matter of getting used to something new. After getting used to this "upgrade" for 2 months for me it's a downgrade. Wish I had the old version.