Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip to Universal Studios and Disneyland from Norther California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning a trip to Universal Studios, then on to Disneyland for a 3 days in a couple of weeks. We did this trip about a year and a half ago and stopped in Manteca, Harris Ranch (Long lunch), and Tejon to get to Aneheim.

This year I think I'm going to have my long stop in Gustine for dinner (leaving Chico in the afternoon), the new Sacramento SuC will allow me to miss Manteca, since that was way off the I5 path and not much going on there. I'm not sure whats worth checking out south of that since there are a couple of new SuC since our last trip. Traveling with 2 girls under 9 so I will undoubtedly need to stop a couple of times anyway for bathroom breaks) Also looking for recommendations for EV friendly Hotels near Universal Studios and Disneyland Park for any folks that frequent that area.
Thanks!

Last time we did that trip, we stayed at Hilton next to Universal Studios and Disneyland Hotel. At the Hilton, although I didn't need a charge, I thought I saw a Chargepoint inside the garage. At the Disneyland Hotel, they said they didn't have anything, but if I needed a charge, I can go over to the Mickey parking structure.

Reactions: Blup85
@Blup85 We did a quick Disney trip this past weekend, and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel again. They now have 6 Chargepoint on their lot. $0.35/kWh

IMG_2696.JPG

• Informative
Disneyland has 40 L2 chargers. You can easily fill up while you are there. The Grand Californian Hotel also has a charger. The Hilton and Marriott and Hyatt have chargers as well as a few other hotels near Disneyland. Check Plugshare.com

Universal has a few chargers in their various parking lots, but they tend to be pretty busy. AGain, plugshare.com is the best way to find hotels with chargers. You have the Burbank Supercharger very close to Universal. Maybe that's an easier option.

Either going or coming, you might consider SR99 out of Sac. You can cut over in Stockton on SR4. The Fresno Supercharger is two minutes from the exit off 99. Depending upon your preferences there are a number of decent (but not great) places to grab a bite. Depending upon time of day there are usually fewer semis on 99 vis-a-vis I5. I do not drive fast, so perhaps you can drive 90 on I5 without issue, but even 80+ will likely get you stopped by the Chippies on 99. The speed limit on 99 is 70 from Merced to north Fresno; it resumes south of Fresno all the way to north Bako before resuming to 70 south of Bako.

Seventy percent is more than enough to make it to Tejon Ranch from Fresno or vice versa.

Thanks!
Actually got lucky,
@Blup85 We did a quick Disney trip this past weekend, and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel again. They now have 6 Chargepoint on their lot. $0.35/kWh

View attachment 278243

I use plug-share but these didn't show up because they were listed as "restricted", and don't show up in plugshare unless you actively add them. I wouldn't consider them restricted, since anyone can pay to use them. I was lucky enough to find a 120v to plug in to in the parking garage, and since we were there for 3 days, I was able to get fully juiced up. Only travel cost for the trip was yet another door handle failure... talk about a major failure point for whoever designed those door handles.. 3 Tesla's and 6+ door handles in 1.5 yrs..