Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been a huge effort by reps from tesla and Missouri owners and a few Illinois owners too! I'm actually pretty proud of ourselves right now.

The current session ends Friday. My understand is that the house leader will ask the senate to concede from their position and it may go to conference. But so far so good.

This has been a huge effort by reps from tesla and Missouri owners and a few Illinois owners too! I'm actually pretty proud of ourselves right now.

The current session ends Friday. My understand is that the house leader will ask the senate to concede from their position and it may go to conference. But so far so good.

Nicely done. Thanks to all 'Show me State' owners and the people who came down from Illinois.

I heard that going to conference is not such a good thing. If it goes to conference I thought someone was saying that it gets stacked 5 senate and 3 reps, and they will likely push people who were already in favor of the bill in the first place to go there and decide its fate... which could be very bad for Tesla.

Just spoke with another rep. He explained that some language is being rewritten because Emerald, a Missouri company, follows a similar model and they don't want to interfere with them. (Apparently the state of Missouri is heavily invested in them)

Sorry I'm probably just babbling now (problem with trying to communicate the blow by blow as it happens via iPhone). Will be back of I have anything more meaningful.

I heard that going to conference is not such a good thing. If it goes to conference I thought someone was saying that it gets stacked 5 senate and 3 reps, and they will likely push people who were already in favor of the bill in the first place to go there and decide its fate... which could be very bad for Tesla.

Common sense tells you that is incorrect as that would make the lower house irrelevant. It is 5 members from each branch.

http://www.house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/info/glossary.htm#Conference Committee

Just spoke with another rep. He explained that some language is being rewritten because Emerald, a Missouri company, follows a similar model and they don't want to interfere with them. (Apparently the state of Missouri is heavily invested in them)
Hilarious. So the idiots who inserted that language into the bill didn't realize or forgot that there is a DTC electric delivery van maker right in their own state.

Emerald Automotive: Location

Funny Emerald Automotive is a UK based company specializing in electric commercial vans that was purchased by China's Geely. Same people that own Volvo.

No interest in the interest of a genuine American company.

Hilarious. So the idiots who inserted that language into the bill didn't realize or forgot that there is a DTC electric delivery van maker right in their own state.

Emerald Automotive: Location
This is the problem with making laws according to the bribes the politician gets. Laws end up making no sense, and then you get pure chaos. It's time to hold these corrupt clowns accountable.

This is the problem with making laws according to the bribes the politician gets. Laws end up making no sense, and then you get pure chaos. It's time to hold these corrupt clowns accountable.

If Missouri tightens the franchise dealership laws and makes an exception for a Chinese company manufacturing in Missouri but not for a California company then this would be the perfect case to take to the SCOTUS under Commerce Clause.

Thanks for signing our petition, "Missouri Governor: Vote no on HB 1124, the anti-Tesla Bill."

Can you help this petition win by asking your friends to sign too? It's easy to share with your friends on Facebook - just click here to share the petition on Facebook.

There's also a sample email below that you can forward to your friends.

Thanks again -- together we're making change happen,

Made in St Louis

---------

Note to forward to your friends:

Hi!

I just signed the petition "Missouri Governor: Vote no on HB 1124, the anti-Tesla Bill" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...pt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks!