Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000 km range and 0 to 100 km/hr in 5 seconds! Wow!
Looks like a lot of fun!
I think a lot of people will want to sign on with trucking companies once these semi's hit the road!
This marks the end of traditional trucking! It will be safer too, with collision avoidance helping drivers who fall asleep at the wheel

Jason

0-60 in 5 seconds is absolutely useless in trucking.

How does this end traditional trucking?

Also the Volvo’s I order for our company comes with VADA (volvo active driver assistance) its a neat system that 99% of the drivers request be turned off due to its annoyance

0-60 in 5 seconds is absolutely useless in trucking.
Some years ago BMW found that rapidly getting up to speed was more efficient.
Very likely the performance Tesla motors exhibits similar efficiency characteristics.
Almost certain the Tesla semi the same thing, but with more weight variables.
Maintaining a steady speed would be best efficiency.

Some years ago BMW found that rapidly getting up to speed was more efficient.
Very likely the performance Tesla motors exhibits similar efficiency characteristics.
Almost certain the Tesla semi the same thing, but with more weight variables.
Maintaining a steady speed would be best efficiency.
Right, the problem is the trucks are hauling cargo, flooring it would have stuff falling over and getting damaged. So as I said, absolutely useless.

It’s great for cars but a truck is designed for one thing only and it’s not to drag race.

Also imagine getting a hard on for quick accelerating 65 foot combination vehicles that don’t stop as quickly as cars... strange.

Right, the problem is the trucks are hauling cargo, flooring it would have stuff falling over and getting damaged. So as I said, absolutely useless.

It’s great for cars but a truck is designed for one thing only and it’s not to drag race.

Also imagine getting a hard on for quick accelerating 65 foot combination vehicles that don’t stop as quickly as cars... strange.
The 0 to 60 spec is for the tractor by itself, no trailer or load. Smooth acceleration with out multiple interruptions by shifting will be easier on the cargo. think of a tanker, liquid sloshes to the back when accelerating and then to the front at every shift.

The 0 to 60 spec is for the tractor by itself, no trailer or load. Smooth acceleration with out multiple interruptions by shifting will be easier on the cargo. think of a tanker, liquid sloshes to the back when accelerating and then to the front at every shift.
Have you driven the new automated trucks? The shifting is very smooth.

But that’s not what I was saying in the first place. I’m saying 0-60 in 5 seconds is useless in trucking. Elon Musk is obsessed with quick vehicles so he brought that over to this industry no knowing anything about the industry.