Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk and Frunk modification garage in Vancouver BC.. Need Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I will be getting my model Y in 2 weeks. Would like to know if anyone can suggest the following:
- garage that will do windows tint
- garage that will do the modification for trunk and frunk for the sensors

Please provide recommendation garage name, address and approximate cost. Thanks!

The best tint shop in my experience is StreetLegal Tint on Marine Drive in Vancouver. I've tried several tinters in Vancouver and when I landed on Nixon at StreetLegal I stopped searching. He's done 4 cars for me and several friends' cars. He is a very experienced tinter and a meticulous car guy. He's not the cheapest guy but you really get what you pay for. I like my tint to go right to the very edge of the glass without a gap on a door window so that when it's rolled down you don't get that 1mm gap that most tinters put in there.

Info on their site is as follows:

Unit 40 966 SW Marine Dr
Vancouver, British Columbia,V6P 5Z2 Email: [email protected]
Phone #: (604)324-6483, (604)613-6483

I googled the above contact info and in the google results they have 105 reviews where 2 ratings were 4 stars (without any comments) and the remaining 103 ratings were 5 stars. You will not be disappointed! I can't tell you what his cost is for your Y but it will depend what you are tinting. Front driver/passenger window? Are you adding additional tint to rears on top of factory tint? What I can tell you is that he is fair for the calibre of work he does.

For "trunk and frunk sensors" what exactly do you mean here? I understand the Y has a power trunk already but a manual frunk. Do you mean adding a kick sensor to activate the rear trunk and adding a power frunk kit to the front? For the frunk kit, you have 2 choices for hardware being Hansshow and TeslaOffer. TeslaOffer is the superior company (at least for the Model 3 products). Tesla Offer products are much better assembled and thought out. Both companies have certified installers in Vancouver.

Lastly and most importantly - CONGRATS on your new ride!

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung