Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk compartment nub replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mostly use my X as a truck of sorts. The rear truck cover nub broke on me when carrying ceramic tile from Home Depot. It just broke off again during our roadtrip (not sure why - nothing particularly heavy although we are sleeping in our the back - maybe my legs are heavy?)

Anyway question is 1 does anyone know of a metal or some other stronger material replacement than the plastic original? I’d love to not have to replace it again

I mostly use my X as a truck of sorts. The rear truck cover nub broke on me when carrying ceramic tile from Home Depot. It just broke off again during our roadtrip (not sure why - nothing particularly heavy although we are sleeping in our the back - maybe my legs are heavy?)

Anyway question is 1 does anyone know of a metal or some other stronger material replacement than the plastic original? I’d love to not have to replace it again

Check through my post with other links here:
Broken Cargo Clips

There may have been some updates by others in terms of making a new one, but, I don't recall if anyone did. You can pick up a replacement part from the service center (I think it was $10?)... The load support shelf has a 150 pound limit, which, I'm guessing is distributed weight across the shelf, not localized to a single side.

Check through my post with other links here:
Broken Cargo Clips

There may have been some updates by others in terms of making a new one, but, I don't recall if anyone did. You can pick up a replacement part from the service center (I think it was $10?)... The load support shelf has a 150 pound limit, which, I'm guessing is distributed weight across the shelf, not localized to a single side.
Thanks for the tip - I’ll see what I can figure out. Would really be nice if it was metal or some other design to make it stronger