Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone backed into my parked model Y while I was not in the car. Damage is to the trunk/lift gate including one of the lights as shown. Scheduled appt at official tesla collision center in my state at the end of the month. They have pictures of the damage already. How long should I anticipate the repair to take? Will they order the replacement piece in advance? Scared I’ll drop my car off and then not have it back for 3 months. Not worried about cost as going thru insurance / not at fault.

Looking to hear from those with recent similar experiences

Attachments

• IMG_9927.jpeg
    IMG_9927.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9926.jpeg
    IMG_9926.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 26
Someone backed into my parked model Y while I was not in the car. Damage is to the trunk/lift gate including one of the lights as shown. Scheduled appt at official tesla collision center in my state at the end of the month. They have pictures of the damage already. How long should I anticipate the repair to take? Will they order the replacement piece in advance? Scared I’ll drop my car off and then not have it back for 3 months. Not worried about cost as going thru insurance / not at fault.

Looking to hear from those with recent similar experiences
Editing to add. I was able to get in 10 days earlier at a local Tesla certified body shop (not Tesla official).
Worth getting the process started earlier? Or should I wait on my official Tesla CC appointment?

Sorry about your crunched hatch lid.
No one can accurately tell you how long it will take to replace the hatch. Timing totally depends on supply chain issues.

The actual time to replace the hatch is probably a couple of hours. Painting to match will require a couple of days (?).

There shouldn't be any need to drop your car at the body shop until they have the required parts on hand. They might actually prefer that, so they don't have yet another car clogging their facility.

Sorry about your crunched hatch lid.
No one can accurately tell you how long it will take to replace the hatch. Timing totally depends on supply chain issues.

The actual time to replace the hatch is probably a couple of hours. Painting to match will require a couple of days (?).

There shouldn't be any need to drop your car at the body shop until they have the required parts on hand. They might actually prefer that, so they don't have yet another car clogging their facility.
Thank you!