Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have a 2021 model 3 with about 15k miles on it. Never had an issue until now. Yesterday I tried to open the trunk via the trunk handle. The door started to go up and then slammed down right away. I puooed the handle button again and this time it started to go up but see,Ed to be under a big load. The trunk wasn’t opening after about half way but the motor kept trying to open it. It happened fast. Then I heard a loud pop and the trunk popped open very aggressively. I started looking at what happened. The black arm had broken off the trunk on the drivers side. Also my rear window had broken. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? The window breaking shocked me. Do you guys think Tesla will warranty the broken rear window or am I out of luck and will have to pay myself. The closest dealership to me is a 2.5 hour drive. I guess I will have to drive it down there and leave it. Just wondering if it is a waste of time or will Tesla warranty cover this?

Create a Service Request. You may get mobile, you may not.
Great thank you. It didn’t give me that option. But looking close it looks like it slightly bent the body to where the mechanical arm fastens to the body. So I’m sure they will need it at the dealership. I will just make the 2.5 hour drive and drop it off. I am very surprised at this type of damage just from the trunk opening. Is this a normal thing or has it happened to anyone else?