Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Malfunctioning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this thread has appeared before but maybe someone can point out where I can find out information about manually opening my trunk. My Trunk Hates Me!! My hands are full and I can't pull out my fob. I reach down near my license plate and push the button to open. It just opens 2 inches and doesn't let me pull it up further to fully open. It yells at me by beeping loudly in the parking lot screaming as if it is being violated and then rudely shuts again leaving me with my hands full digging for my fob. Ugh . . . I've had the car for three years and no improvement. So I'm beginning to believe it's not the car. What am I doing wrong?

You’ve had this issue for three years?
Either way, doesn’t make sense that it always closes itself after opening only two inches. Are you trying to lift it further while it’s still in motion?
Try this: push the button and let it finish opening to the two inch mark. Now manually raise the tailgate all the way open. Press and hold the liftgate close button until you hear a long confirmation beep. That’s the std procedure to change the opening height. If you get the rapid beep “screaming” as you say, then the SC needs to use Toolbox to reset the control boxes.

Reactions: nwujames