Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk noises fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, sorry if I reopen an old topic about noises coming from the trunk, but I think that this can be helpful.
After 4 useless appointments at the Service Center, I decided to start unmouting the car myself.
Apart from
- many clips very loose inside the trunk trim (simply adjusted with some tape),
- some small rubber pieces placed here and there where plastic parts were beating against the metal body,
- the base of main tub (sorry I don't know the English name for this) underneath the carpet made of a plastic noisy part,
also discussing with some other owners with the same will of solving this issue, I realized that the main noises coming from the trunk are caused by a totally unexpected thing.
Even it the sound is like a continuous clicking/cracking, it came from the leather of the rear seats.
In particular from the part where the seat and the backseat slide each other near the hinges.

Capture.PNG

So far I have tried to lubricate this hidden part of the leather with some moisturizing cream and all the noises have unexpectedly disappeared.
The problem is that this solution lasts only a couple of days and once the cream dries, the cracking comes back.
At the SC they say they cannot do anything to solve.
For this reason, I would like to share this finding, hoping to help other owsers, and maybe asking if anyone else has maybe met the same issue and found a more lasting solution.
Thanks!