Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk problem M3 ’20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.. when I open the trunk the light inside the trunk illuminates for 1 second and then goes off. When it goes off i hear a ”lock/unlock” sound from the latch.

Same for the tail and front lights when I open the trunk. They go on for 1 second then off.

In the app, the trunk opens then closes after 1 second. So while its open it shows closed in the app…

Any ideas?

I’ve had the harness replaced during the recall.

Tesla wants about $300 for diagnosis and new lights in the trunk (the light itself works, the just go off after a second so no idea)

I'd probably ignore the problem. Do you need that light, or are you just concerned that something is broken that might cause other problems?

Have you experimented with jiggling the harness?

I just manually opened the trunk on my sleeping 2020 and no lights went on. I then closed it, tapped open on the screen, and opened the trunk and the trunk light went on, but the taillights didn't go on.

Upvote 0
2020 here with the exact same problem. I've had two tries to fix it under warranty. I have my third appt scheduled for early March. If they're able to fix it, I'l report back with parts used. Can you turn the trunk and car lights on again by repressing the physical trunk release button?

Upvote 0
2020 here with the exact same problem. I've had two tries to fix it under warranty. I have my third appt scheduled for early March. If they're able to fix it, I'l report back with parts used. Can you turn the trunk and car lights on again by repressing the physical trunk release button?
Yes! When I press the physical release they illuminate for 1 second then off again. In app the trunk shows closed even when its actually open..

Upvote 0