Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to buy FOB and Tesla site rejects all my perfectly good CCs?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other things to check/try. Log out of account, clear any cookies for Tesla's web site, and log back in. Check in your Tesla account the name, address, zip code and make sure they are the same as used by your CC, no mismatches. If still failing I guess you could also log out and try to purchase as a guest. Just to see if it is something like the CC in your account vs what you are entering.

As DaveORD mentioned, make sure your address with Tesla is exactly matching your credit card statement. Also, with Safari, the default to block content and popup windows can cause problems ... you can turn those off in the "Settings for this website" in the Safari menu.

This very dumb thing happened to me yesterday and I found this forum thread.

I've ordered a lot of accessories from the Tesla shop in the past week and was trying to buy a Gemini Wheel Cap Kit yesterday. All my payment methods were declined. (Tried 3 different cards while using my desktop browser. Also tried a different browser on another PC on another internet connection. Same problem.)

I tried again this morning in the early AM, same deal.

Then, reading around another thread on Reddit, I saw that you could order through Apple Pay using your iPhone and decided to try it that way.

... and it worked! Ordered my wheel cap kit finally.

• Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe
This very dumb thing happened to me yesterday and I found this forum thread.

I've ordered a lot of accessories from the Tesla shop in the past week and was trying to buy a Gemini Wheel Cap Kit yesterday. All my payment methods were declined. (Tried 3 different cards while using my desktop browser. Also tried a different browser on another PC on another internet connection. Same problem.)

I tried again this morning in the early AM, same deal.

Then, reading around another thread on Reddit, I saw that you could order through Apple Pay using your iPhone and decided to try it that way.

... and it worked! Ordered my wheel cap kit finally.
Hate to bring up an old thread, but was searching for this same issue. Was trying my visa.... getting declined. Tried a ton of suggestions from the above posts with no luck. I try again in the app via apple pay, and it worked without issue..... even though my apple pay is linked to the SAME CARD lol. Makes no sense, but at least it worked.

I am trying to buy my first Tesla Model Y and I was there in the store filling it all out and my cc got declined, I tried another and another then my bank card - ALL are nowhere near limits and my bank certainly has more than enough and everything is declining. So this FREAKED me out so I got home and checked and called all my CC companies and they do not have any pings from Telsa and everything is in good standing. I tried from different browsers when I got home and still DECLINED.... what do I do? Can they swipe my card or take a check ?

Hate to bring up an old thread, but was searching for this same issue. Was trying my visa.... getting declined. Tried a ton of suggestions from the above posts with no luck. I try again in the app via apple pay, and it worked without issue..... even though my apple pay is linked to the SAME CARD lol. Makes no sense, but at least it worked.
You are a LIFE SAVER!!!!! Thank you - I just hopped on my phone and ordered using Apple Pay since nothing else worked.

Reactions: SkunkApe