Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to time my delivery - Sept/ Oct 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine is still holding steady at july 29-august 18th.

My company officially delayed our office reopen due to the Delta variant so more WFH... I'm in absolutely no rush to take delivery at this point. I'm enjoying the extra cash not having to pay for my BMW I sold to carvana.

Order a white on white Model Y with black rims May 5th. EDD was June 15-30. Then, went to June 29-30. Then, September. Then, July 5-20. Then, September again. I'm all about Tesla, but damn.......
Mine just went from September and BACK to July 13- August 02... I am just going to have zero expectations... and be floored when I get the text with the VIN.... it's worth the wait (for me)... when Im out and about in my company car, I find no interest any other cars- brand new Tahoe.. nah... brand new BMW... nah. Brand new VW electric...NAH. I look at the inventory that randomly pops up- and it's not my preferred color/ rims/ interior- not interested in them. I am getting the car I ordered- whether that is July, August or December. haha- it's what I want! Hold strong- it will be worth your wait! Who knows maybe we will get a few perks and new features ;)

Reactions: BobG1 and ajs847
Update: I ordered my Tesla on 05/17- I just checked (daily habit)- I have been assigned a VIN 07/09- and potential delivery is 07/20-07/26 ! Woohoo... MAYBE that is still off and maybe we can still pick it up a bit earlier. We shall see! Hang in there! They are coming :)

Reactions: BobG1
I intend to order a MYLR (White, 5 seats, B&W, 19", no FSD).

My current car lease terminates in December. I am trying to read all the tea leaves to figure out how to optimize the timing of this order, given that Texas MYs may have some advantages compared to those currently in production in Fremont.

My current thinking is to place the order when the Tesla website predicts a November delivery. Your thoughts?

Hi everyone Newbie here,

I ordered my MYLR 5 seater, midnight silver, 20" induction wheels and black interior on 5/2. I have had the worst time understanding the EDD. I was first told Mid June then it jumped to late June then early July. I called and spoke to an SA at Tesla and they said late July or Aug. my account never reflected that. About a week later my account said September I waited a day and checked again and it said 7/1-7/20 now today back to September. Frustrating. My fault but I sold my car before I couldn't sell my car so I hope I get something soon. Still no vin and no ready button and when I called they said everything on my end was complete. Anyone else experiencing this?
Ordered my YLR on 5/19. Dates bounced back and forth between June, Sept and Aug. now says October. Tesla must be having big supply chain problems. Might as wait for the 2022 model since it will be 2022 before I get it.

Ordered my MY-LR mid-May with an anticipated delivery of 4-11 weeks...since that time the delivery date has changed so often that I'm getting used to it. I feel really sorry for the folks that got a VIN only to have it disappear. I've never seen a VIN, only expected delivery dates that are a moving target. Latest as of today: September 10 - September 30, two days ago it was September 6 - September 26. The check I initially obtained for my car loan has now expired so I'll wait to reapply only when the vehicle is ready for delivery...I'm not going to risk the date changing again.

Hi Everyone, after following the forum for a few weeks since deciding on purchasing a MY-LR I'm trying to determine when to place the order in order to not have to possibly jump in and out of queue. The reason I want a Sept/ Oct delivery is that's when I expect to have to start commuting back to my office. I sold my previous car to carvana at a hefty profit so I just hope I don't order too late and end up ubering for weeks or months to work.

Along with the timing, I understand certain configurations are harder to get - my friend just took delivery of his MY-LR last friday in Chicago and he said that he waited almost 90 full days for his since his SA told him black/black configurations with the 20" wheels are among the last built and built in the lowest quantities.

As of today, the estimated delivery for my configuation is 9-13 weeks (MYLR midnight silver, 20" wheels and 5 seats w/out autopilot) is 9-13 weeks if I place the order now which on the long end of the estimate puts it at Sept 1st (exactly 13 weeks from now). A 9/1 delivery would be fine, I could get used to it for a few weeks and get my tesla charger installed in the time before I start commuting but I'm worried if I place the order now I'll get a delivery sooner in July or August (possible?) and then I'd ask to be put back in queue - which could risk me waiting into October/ November and then possibly having to re-run my financing credit score.

Has anyone tried to time their delivery like this and any advice for me?

mine is still holding steady at july 29-august 18th.

My company officially delayed our office reopen due to the Delta variant so more WFH... I'm in absolutely no rush to take delivery at this point. I'm enjoying the extra cash not having to pay for my BMW I sold to carvana.
What was your experience selling with Carvana? I’m thinking of doing the same.

What was your experience selling with Carvana? I’m thinking of doing the same.
it was the best car related transaction I ever experienced, highly recommended. They paid top dollar, $4.5k more than the nearest offer (carmax, vroom, etc), the person showed up 5 minutes early, took 10 pictures of my car, submitted them in his app, somebody approved, he handed me a check and I signed 4 standard auto sale documents (all usual I've signed when trading in a car) and then he loaded it up on a flat bed and that was the last I saw or heard of my BMW. They paid off my loan within 5 days per my credit monitoring service.

it was the best car related transaction I ever experienced, highly recommended. They paid top dollar, $4.5k more than the nearest offer (carmax, vroom, etc), the person showed up 5 minutes early, took 10 pictures of my car, submitted them in his app, somebody approved, he handed me a check and I signed 4 standard auto sale documents (all usual I've signed when trading in a car) and then he loaded it up on a flat bed and that was the last I saw or heard of my BMW. They paid off my loan within 5 days per my credit monitoring service.
Oh wow, they paid off the rest of the loan too? That’s awesome!

Oh wow, they paid off the rest of the loan too? That’s awesome!
yep, when you accept their "cash offer" for your car they request information like if you own the car and have the title or if there's a loan and a title holder, you submit all information to them so that when they come to pick up the car and pay you... they pay the "equity" to you, and pay off the balance to the title holder just like trading in a car.

Ordered MYLR White with Black interior, standard wheels, no tow hitch. Delivery estimate end of August, Mid September.

I'm curious though about the tow hitch. Would you need to order the tow hitch - if you were going to use a tow mounted bike rack? Perhaps I should change my order? I dunno how the Tesla tow hitch works.

Ordered MYLR White with Black interior, standard wheels, no tow hitch. Delivery estimate end of August, Mid September.

I'm curious though about the tow hitch. Would you need to order the tow hitch - if you were going to use a tow mounted bike rack? Perhaps I should change my order? I dunno how the Tesla tow hitch works.
Yes. You’d need a tow hitch for a tow bike rack.

I'm in a similar boat, trying for a late-October delivery. I was on the site this morning and placed an Order with the $100.

QUESTION: After I got my Reservation number it brings you to next steps to input delivery location, your driver's license info, etc. The last step is Payment Method and for now, I have left it on Cash and have not hit the Continue button. Should I hit Continue or just log off for now? My end goal is to 1) make sure I can cancel the order heaven forbid (I know you forfeit the $100) and 2) the price shown on the order page is locked in. I wasn't sure if you had to complete all 4 steps for that to hold true. Thank you.