Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We ran into a brick wall today at the 80-day average (which has caused us trouble in the past). I thought for sure we'd break it this time considering how easily we handled the last two lines of resistance, but the news out of Spain was just perfectly timed to turn us around.

I suspect now we will return to the 50 or 200 day averages to regroup and gather more steam before making another run at it. This means we could very well see the stock at ~$30.50 before we see $35. If it happens tomorrow, I might dip my hand in the cookie jar one last time. =)

On the bright side, more smart money got in today with good volume.

Tomorrow should be hot since it's the last session before the big event. And talking about hot, we are dying out there, 35 degrees Celsius under the shade, it's so humid, you could drink the air.

The smart money (informed people) are getting back-in. Regular folks will start entering on Monday if the news is powerful enough. It'll be interesting to watch.

2. Press/Media will get some test drives, even if it's only 10 minutes Jalponik, and that is going to result in reviews and press coverage.

While there may be the possibility that a member of the media might get a 10-minute test drive, it's far from certain. Tesla is seriously putting customers at the head of the test driving line. Cars for media won't be available until near the end of summer.

3) possible announcement from Elon on charging plan

There will be no Supercharger announcement on Friday.

While there may be the possibility that a member of the media might get a 10-minute test drive, it's far from certain. Tesla is seriously putting customers at the head of the test driving line. Cars for media won't be available until near the end of summer.

This was covered in other threads but from Jalopnik.com on June 14th:

We heard from a source familiar with the drives that Tesla was scheduling press events for later this month with certain publications. These drives would be no longer than ten minutes a piece. This, following Tesla drives where select outlets were only allowed to ride in the car.

When we asked Tesla about this, they didn't deny it. Here's what spokesperson Christina Ra said:

There is a handful of media that we've invited for a preview drive of Model S later this month. The timing and constraints are driven by multiple factors, including when these vehicles will be produced, and other activities that we have slated for them. In typical Tesla fashion, we're doing a lot with very little.

In other areas it has also been suggested that the drives for Journo's will be this weekend.

As excited as I am about Friday's event. I believe the noticeable impact will come next week when the media put pen to paper. There will be a flurry of articles (covering Tesla and the event) on Monday and Tuesday, like we have never seen before. In the aftermath of those articles, we'll see positive stock movement (Tues. - Thurs.). For the rest of the automotive industry, the bar was just raised so high, they can't even see it. People will be going into dealerships saying "show me a car that doesn't use gas, and has a 160 mile range". Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that!

It'll be icing on the cake when they find out that Elon is the same guy whos' company built a rocket that resupplied the International Space Station, then safely brought experiments back to earth. "Of course he can make the best EVs anyone has ever dreamed of".

As excited as I am about Friday's event. I believe the noticeable impact will come next week when the media put pen to paper. There will be a flurry of articles (covering Tesla and the event) on Monday and Tuesday, like we have never seen before. In the aftermath of those articles, we'll see positive stock movement (Tues. - Thurs.). For the rest of the automotive industry, the bar was just raised so high, they can't even see it. People will be going into dealerships saying "show me a car that doesn't use gas, and has a 160 mile range". Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that!

It'll be icing on the cake when they find out that Elon is the same guy whos' copany built a rocket that resupplied the International Space Station, then safely brought experiments back to earth. "Of course he can make the best EVs anyone has ever dreamed of".

Agreed!

when to my local mercedes dealer asking them about trade in value for my car he was trying to sell me a new 1 of my slk trying to figure out whywould want a tesla. I told him someday maybe I'll be back and it will be to buy an electric mercedes and oh yeah it will be powered by tesla !

Where did you get that from?

While researching Tesla Supercharger network to feature solar panels, battery swapping I asked Tesla about announcement timing and was told "We will be deploying the Supercharger Network in the future, but no timeline has been set."

...There is a handful of media that we've invited for a preview drive of Model S later this month....

Like I said, there may be some media test drives, but as they discuss in the Jalopnik piece, many journalists aren't so interested in a 10-minute drive, so while they might have invited some, it doesn't mean they will happen. In my own case, I am trying to decide myself whether I should spend a few hundred dollars and maybe take a day off work to fly to Miami for one myself. Even if I can swing it, Tesla customers have priority on the time slots so it's not even certain they can accommodate me.

Last edited:
On the bright side, more smart money got in today with good volume.

Tomorrow should be hot since it's the last session before the big event. And talking about hot, we are dying out there, 35 degrees Celsius under the shade, it's so humid, you could drink the air.

The smart money (informed people) are getting back-in. Regular folks will start entering on Monday if the news is powerful enough. It'll be interesting to watch.

Apparently that heat is also making you delusional :p

And so it begins:

Now that Tesla Motors [NSDQ:TSLA] has become a real carmaker, albeit a young one, it faces entirely new challenges:

* Can it deliver a steady stream of Model S vehicles to the backlog of what it says are more than 10,000 buyers who've put down deposits?
* Will the Model S be reliable, and if early cars have any quality issues, can the company rectify them quickly and painlessly?
* Will the mix of orders skew sufficiently to high-end models that the Tesla Model S range overall provides a healthy profit margin?
* And, can sales of the Model S--5,000 this year, 20,000 next year, says CEO Musk--generate enough revenue to cover not only its costs but future model development?

Amazing how quickly a waiting list can turn into a "backlog".....

This wouldn't surprise me either:

Most analysts continue to believe that Tesla Motors won't remain independent, but will be purchased by one of the dozen or so largest global automakers.

The best time for a sale may be in the two years starting today, assuming that Tesla launches the Model S smoothly, racks up sales according to plan, and rolls out its 2013 Model X crossover on schedule.

And at least they finished with:

Many observers, analysts, and armchair critics said the company would never get this far.

So, let us toast Tesla today--and watch to see how this next phase of the electric-car company's life plays out.

Well done, Tesla!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.