Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PayPal is NOT a great example of the company succeeding without him. In fact it is the opposite. PayPal could have owned the cashless eWallet market, but instead did nothing while eBay owned them. It was a waste of a 15(!) year head start.
My point was simply that PayPal is alive and well today in spite of Musk's long-ago exit. Yes, I agree that PayPal didn't reach its potential under eBay, and it almost certainly would have done better with Musk/Thiel. But it didn't go away and is growing and important today.

This does underscore that there'd be considerable risk associated with a Musk exit from Tesla leadership. There's no guarantee we'd end up with a CEO capable of fully pursuing Musk's vision. Sort of similarly, Apple has done pretty well under Tim Cook since Jobs' passing, but that was by no means guaranteed, and many argue today that Apple lacks the vision it had under Jobs.

In any case, please don't get me wrong - I don't want to see Musk forced out and I'm very disappointed in the SEC. However, Tesla has the potential to thrive even if he is forced out.

Thanks for the link. It sounds like Elon’s first impulse is to fight. IMHO, the better outcome would be a negotiated settlement where he steps down as a director, stays as CEO, pays a $20M fine, and promises to, in the future, relay important information like this in an 8K filing. This is better because it would be over quickly. But it all depends on the SEC and Elon’s willingness to compromise.

I want him to fight just like he did against ULAs monopoly. This sugar needs to be exposed for what it is and these despicable people made to pay for their evilness.

how many investigations, lawsuits, criminal and civil charges resulted from the financial crisis?
then again, who controls the sec? none of those same crisis players own any significant amt of tesla. so, it’s really not surprising what’s going on.

the problem is elon played into the trap. and now we’re all paying the price, and it’s going to be a longer battle than expected

Can the Mod please ban this twit?

If you are here just trolling, then you need to be timed out.

Message deleted. Under the gloat goat rule I just invented. Will also apply to mocking of shorts. I'm working backward because we were on the local roads with the new M3. So please bear with me. GGR would be better.

clearly that duty to speak truthfully does not extend to you.

If you think that I have said something untrue, pls point it out - I will be happy to either support or modify/withdraw it.

I do think that you are incorrect about shorts. Shorts are good for longs and longs are good for shorts. The debate between the the two clarifies the arguments for and against any particular stock, reduces the effects of confirmation bias and makes price discovery more efficient, while the market interplay between the two increases liquidity and reduces over-shooting.

I will continue to hold for sure. Not sure if I will add. If the SEC probe does do the company material long term harm it will certainly be a kick in the teeth to the US as the EV future will be owned by the Chinese and Europeans. Ford and GM will last to the party in a serious way IMO and that will hurt them a lot. If what Elon did was illegal (and I am really trying to understand who was harmed here - someone who had to cover at $380? - please) he should face the consequences but talk about eating your own. People like Elon do not come around often. No free rides but it seems some like to work hard to take down some who have achieved stunning success. As an outsider it does seem that these days the US is taking a lot of decisions that are not in its own long term interest.

Elon sued by SEC
Hmm, I would have thought for maximum effect they would have waited until Friday closing or Monday at opening??
Probably the most important part:

"The Commission brings this action against Musk pursuant to Section 21(d) of the Exchange Act [15 U.S.C. § 78u(d)] to enjoin the transactions, acts, practices, and courses of business alleged in this Complaint and to seek orders of disgorgement, along with prejudgment interest, civil penalties, and an officer and director bar against Musk, and such further relief as the Court may deem appropriate."

Wow. The sec is trying to remove Elon as CEO. That would definitely tank Tesla stock. Can we class action against the SEC?
As I posted previously, it's time for all of those invested Petro dollars to start providing a payoff. The SEC is only the first in line...

Darn, I don't have any dry powder right now. I was expecting this after the Q3 announcements.

If you think that I have said something untrue, pls point it out -

For example your very first messages to this board, a year ago, were essentially lies:

Yeah, you mean like going to Tesla enthusiast forums, and asking the following innocent seeming question in the summer of 2017:

I am thinking about putting down a deposit on a Model 3, but I am a little worried about the safety of the money. If there is a stock market crash or another financial crisis there might be a lot of people trying to get deposits back (potentially $600 million) at a time when Tesla might find it difficult to raise cash. Are the deposits in some kind of escrow account, or is there a way to get comfortable that the money will come back?
The second message of that user was:

The car looks fine, but I saw the company is only rated B- by S&P. That's pretty low!

That user, freshly registered 'CuriousSunbird', never replied to the 41 replies in any way or form.

Let me wager a couple of wild guesses:
  • You never had any real intention to 'put down a deposit for a Model 3' to purchase a Model 3 to begin with.
  • I.e. in hindsight those messages of yours look like standard concern trolling messages
I.e. those messages were written by you in an attempt to create some fear, uncertainty and doubt about Tesla's products and to depress demand and harm Tesla indirectly.

It was not done to explore 'reasonable counter-arguments'.

Any chance Tesla releases the Q3 sales and production numbers on Monday? I guess Wednesday at the latest.
They're going to be delivering Model 3's until 9pm or later on Sunday evening.

My guess is there is 0% chance they will release any numbers on Monday... but you never know.

TSLA appears to have stabilised around $266.

Any chance Tesla releases the Q3 sales and production numbers on Monday? I guess Wednesday at the latest.

Monday morning is very unlikely I think: Sunday is the last day of the quarter, and they usually need 1-2 days from quarter end. Monday after-hours would be the earliest I think, but Tuesday morning or Tuesday after-hours are more in line with the timing past delivery reports.

In exceptional cases they could delay longer as well - but now I'd think their interest would be to get it out ASAP.

Did you sell your shares? If you didn't you haven't lost a thing. And if you think you did, you need to change your way of thinking about investments.

Don't feed the troll.

"Mike117" is a well known astroturfer who shows up whenever there's any bad news to try to FUD weak longs. He alternates between pretending to be an angry long, and doing things like posting images that portray Tesla investors as lemmings marching off a cliff.

It's a sad statement about this website that he hasn't been blocked, despite doing this for months on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.