Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang... should of bought more on Friday... Feel for the people that didn't continue long. It was in the graphs though. 260 was way off the 50 average upto 200.

I am a long investor and I short the odd stock. it's only about making money and nothing personal when it comes to playing the stock. JM2C
Outstanding DOJ still an overhang. Hopefully stock doesn't open too high and Longs can get back in. Then mid Oct DOJ drops investigation and with CC ahead stock starts a long trajectory up.

Note that the settlement only impacts his communications that relate to Tesla investors. He is still free to react to Tesla owner feedback positively, talk about AI, space and his next girlfriend.

Just no pedo guys and no buyout announcements in trading hours, without clearing it with the Tesla board first.
My understanding was all tweets that relates directly or might relate to Tesla has to go through Tesla or some commitee first. So taking Tesla private is obviously one, cutting paint colors or adding paint colors also I suppose. But the pedo tweets can't see how they are related to Tesla or TSLA in any way, so unfortunately I think he's free to continue with those.

Outstanding DOJ still an overhang. Hopefully stock doesn't open too high and Longs can get back in. Then mid Oct DOJ drops investigation and with CC ahead stock starts a long trajectory up.

If you read the entire case from SEC, there's no intent of fraud or crime. The only thing you have to worry about is if Elon texted someone about burning shorts after he tweeted. If no such messages are found then they can't charge Elon for being reckless with his tweets.

I don't like the two new independent directors and the independent chairman. Didn't we shareholders just vote that down 85/15?

Trojan horse...

I’ve been an advocate for a stronger board for some time, not a popular view here. But I also don’t want the government to impose it. How does the SEC have this power over a publicly owned company? Will we need governmental approval of the new directors? Will shareholders be able to vote on it?

Why does everyone want Kimball? I like him personally but this board needs a heavy hitter that will give big institutional investors peace of mind, and that's not Kimball. That's someone like Eric Schmidt. Someone with experience managing high growth, big market cap tech companies. I just don't get the Kimball benefit, other than he's a really cool guy who loves his brother. But from investment standpoint, why?
I like Kimball but I'm willing to be it won't be him. even he might qualify, it won't be an independent chairman.
and yes, they could use some big guns as chairman. let's hope they will pick the right person for the job.

I don't like the two new independent directors and the independent chairman. Didn't we shareholders just vote that down 85/15?

Trojan horse...
I seem to recall that in the initial agreement the two independent directors were to be appointed by the SEC, which IMHO was a showstopper. I don't see any reference to that now. Perhaps that was negotiated away in exchange for an additional year of not a chairman (which to tell you the truth is a pain in the ass anyway)?

I was looking forward to Elon fighting this and winning, so I'm actually a bit disappointed. Guess I'll just have to console myself with the likely increase in stock price on Monday.
Yeah me too and hence my confusion. I also wanted to buy a few extra shares at $260 on Monday as I'm cleaning the couch this weekend. The good/bad news is it seems that's not an option any longer...

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I seem to recall that in the initial agreement the two independent directors were to be appointed by the SEC, which IMHO was a showstopper. I don't see any reference to that now. Perhaps that was negotiated away in exchange for an additional year of not a chairman (which to tell you the truth is a pain in the ass anyway)?
It’s not in the settlement, it’s in the SEC press release. I was confused about that point also until someone posted a link to the press release.

Reactions: wipster
I’ve been an advocate for a stronger board for some time, not a popular view here. But I also don’t want the government to impose it. How does the SEC have this power over a publicly owned company? Will we need governmental approval of the new directors? Will shareholders be able to vote on it?

Looking into the settlement document there is a lot not clearly defined AFAI understand it. Lots of room for definition.

If there are no other addendum papers who precisely explain what independent or compliant a.o. means in that context Elon and the Board can design it kind of like they want.

Thats actually one of the parts that I like about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.