Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should hope you would name it (within reason of course). I wish I had the ability to name my phone instead of just say "Hey Google." That's kinda boring I think...

Wikipedia: The legal rights of AIs

Starting in 2040 all AIs with a standard computing capacity of over 10 zetaflops gained legal personhood and became U.S. citizens if manufactured on U.S. soil.

Teslas have the right to pick their name, legal gender and place of residence.

Due to their legal personhood and their huge popularity, Teslas are not "purchased" anymore, but the cars pick new families they are signing work contracts with, based on extensive background checks and in person interviews that include several test drives as well.

There's a long waiting queue, but they are worth the wait as Tesla cars are known for their seemingly insatiable desire to drive, drive and drive.

The Tesla Group, who brings them to life, receives a life-time share of 10% of their income, in a complicated legal construct that makes all Teslas Mars citizens as well.

Teslas also have the right to switch families: the "Elon's Musketeer vs. Smith: I don't work for douchebags who are eating in their cars" landmark ruling set by the Supreme Court in 2057 allows termination of AI work contracts in a wide range of circumstances and established a de-facto work-at-will policy for AIs.

Yet this legal right is exercised only in exceptional circumstances: Teslas are famed for their patience and tolerance, the oldest still operational Tesla person-AI is now 150 years old and worked for the same family for 7 generations - her name is "Like the Wind".

Last edited:
I suspect that is the real reason the CAO left.

As for disagreements over deferred revenue recognition: no accountant quits over that, they'll raise it with their CFO, or with the annual independent external auditors at the latest, which is due in a few short months for Tesla. Historically Tesla has been very conservative in recognizing deferred revenue over the years - at this point it's high time they recognized all AutoPilot revenue for example, and this might happen in Q3 or Q4.

The Tesla CAO reportedly left because he felt sidelined and because he was offered the dream job CFO position at another company, but you knew that already.

Also, I see it's "all hands on deck!" for Tesla-short concern trolls, and you certainly have your work cut out until the European pre-market trading opens, the weekend brought several massively positive Tesla news that you must attempt to counter!

What's the sentiment of your short friends, over at Seeking Losses? ;)

As for disagreements over deferred revenue recognition: no accountant quits over that, they'll raise it with their CFO, or with the annual independent external auditors at the latest, which is due in a few short months for Tesla. Historically Tesla has been very conservative in recognizing deferred revenue over the years - at this point it's high time they recognized all AutoPilot revenue for example, and this might happen in Q3 or Q4.

The Tesla CAO reportedly left because he felt sidelined and because he was offered the dream job CFO position at another company, but you knew that already.

Also, I see it's "all hands on deck!" for Tesla-short concern trolls, and you certainly have your work cut out until the European pre-market trading opens, the weekend brought several massively positive Tesla news that you must attempt to counter!

What's the sentiment of your short friends, over at Seeking Losses? ;)

Short burn of the century coming up (again)?

I am cautiously optimistic about Monday. Trying to not get too excited in case we get let down somehow.

Low expectations but hopefully ends up really awesome like Rogue One.

Especially the end.

rogue one tesla.jpg

Actually Newt has always been pro American business, jobs, and innovation. In my opinion people make a huge mistake by assuming generalities based on politics...either way. Tesla has appeal to ALL political persuasions. Obviously they support and drive the electric movement and thus threaten the fossil fuel and automotive industries. This typically has traction with the left. But, they also are a virtually all American company which supplies American jobs, supports the American economy and advances the influence of the American business sector in international venues. Typically pros for the right. I think it is a big mistake to assume that Tesla only has value and appeal to one side of the political isle or the other.

Dan
I agree. Tesla needs to be politically neutral. All people should be driving electric cars!

I think Gates would be a bad choice.

Not only did he set back IT decades, making everyone expect IT to always fail, but he also engaged in illegal, anti-competitive business practices.

That's a micro view. I'm looking at it from the perspective of how would big investors feel about it. That's very important as it will increase the stock price. I'm not for or anti-Bill Gates personally, but I empathize with your opinion. But perhaps you should also mention the good he has done, if you want to be fair. Namely through his foundation.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
Status
Not open for further replies.