Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GM tops Tesla in ranking of automated driving systems

Oh puleeeze
The Content and title are so disparate........the report is not even measuring the effectiveness of the 'automated driving' system'. :mad: Because it's no contest!!!!! They just don't stop.

Edit @oneday I'm ready for your backfire thesis to take root and build up a brutal force not to be reckoned with. Surely, the tsunami of drivers on the road can do this. We need a steady long term playbook too.

What I find amazing is how uneducated these people are who making tests and claiming to have found a ranking.

They literally claim because Cruise Control does do road mapping and the system does have a camera that checks if you watch the road its more safe. So first of all both factors do not say anything about how save the systems really are and secondly why do the call cruise control the number 1 autonomous system if their so called justification is security?

Thats really cheap and far away from any objective assessment which system is better. With 10 downvotes out of 11 I am glad to see it seems I am not the only one recognizing that.

Oh god... what a horribly misleading headline :

The most capable system is Autopilot. It gets slammed for not being annoying enough to its driver.

Then discuss that most capable system and educate why. The narrative primarily addressing driver surveillance/engagement. Is that why one seeks an automated driving system? Sure ....pretty chart but no substance to its conclusion. :p ;)

Rome or Naples are quite extreme as examples: too many people living in millenia-old cities, viability is broken to the core.
It's true though that S and X are very big cars, and what Americans call "econobox" we call "normal car I use everyday that's sold in the millions".
Yes, of course driving in a city whose roads haven't changed all that much in 2000 years makes a bit of a difference I'm sure! It was just a very stark difference.

Dan

Then discuss that most capable system and educate why. The narrative primarily addressing driver surveillance/engagement. Is that why one seeks an automated driving system? Sure ....pretty chart but no substance to its conclusion. :p ;)

Well, that's just a further argument to buy Karenpilot. It will never engage if the driver is at all distracted. Of course, it'll never engage at all, but based on the way CR did their rankings, that only makes it lose marks in one category out of five ;)

Last edited:
BB77, you made me chuckle... hahaha :)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your comments...
They seem to be fair and reasonable to both sides, and are pretty matter-of-fact in presentation...
Can't always say that for a number of posts.. :-O
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks..
Thanks Smokey for the kind remarks. Investing is not emotional for me and that rubs a lot of people on this forum the wrong way. But emotions are best left out when investing hard earned money.

Thanks Smokey for the kind remarks. Investing is not emotional for me and that rubs a lot of people on this forum the wrong way. But emotions are best left out when investing hard earned money.
That is a quaint idea...impossible of course..but it sounds nice.
You want to make money..that is why you invest...you have emotions about money...right?

No, I’m a proud Tesla owner and love the brand. I’m just very frustrated with the $420 tweet and how the media is scaring new investors. I just don’t see how the stock can blow past $315 even if Q3 is profitable.

You (and many others) need to let go of/get past the past. It’s over, it’s done, can’t be changed.

The SP will rise eventually (as it always has and does as Tesla grows) and perhaps on the most mundane thing.

I'm in Europe, and our roads are no more narrow than the US.

I was in Ireland this summer, and I found the roads there uncomfortable to drive on because of how narrow they were. I mean, I got somewhat used to it, but I was glad to be driving on our roads again when I got back home. The fact that I was in a tiny car really didn't seem to make the narrow roads much (if any) better.
And all this time I thought Ireland was part of Europe.

We are supposed to go to 4000, yet we can’t get one up day after a great quarter
In the sub 300 level.
Something very wrong here.

If you expected a "good but not spectacular" delivery report to change current attitudes, that wasn't a wise bet.

You need multiple quarters of profitability with the rest of the growth story intact. That's when you'll see a serious increase in stock valuation.

We are supposed to go to 4000, yet we can’t get one up day after a great quarter
In the sub 300 level.
Something very wrong here.

And in the three weeks before it was going UP every day. Better to not focus on short periods and draw conclusions. Also, the whole market is down today.

To quote Elon (who quoted Buffett): ‘dealing with the market is like dealing with a manic depressive.’

I do not understand this post.

I'm in Europe, and our roads are no more narrow than the US.

I was in Ireland this summer, and I found the roads there uncomfortable to drive on because of how narrow they were.

Quoting this thread does not help me understand your logic train.

1) I am in Europe. Iceland is part of Europe. Our roads are no more narrow than the US here in Iceland.
2) I was in Ireland last summer. Ireland is also part of Europe. Their roads are narrow.
3) Obvious conclusion: saying that roads are narrow in "Europe" (and thus a discouragement to Tesla sales) is meaningless and wrong because Europe is not a single location with a single road width.

So if you could, please explain what you're getting on about, because I have no clue.

Last edited:
And all this time I thought Ireland was part of Europe.
Ireland is part of Europe like Florida is part of the South here in the states. Technically correct but we secretly don't claim them. LOL!

(oh, and since this is humor it directly relates to the stock market since it is pretty much a joke lately.)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.