Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What changed your mind, the pot?
I have no problem of him smoking pot at all. I don't even think the 'funding secured' was a big problem albet a little rushed.

I am still team elon.

I just don't think he knows what he is doing when lashing out on Twitter either about short s or pedo Did he have a plan? Maybe. Would it work? It failed so many times already. He is the biggest genius in many areas, not all.

I hope some of his wise friend can help him realise even Elon Musk has limitations, and some time admiting defeat does not make him a lessor man. And some time back off is a better strategy. His actions have hurt his supporters and those fighting his mission with him.

I genuinely think Elon needs help.

I'm a recovering addict. I quit smoking pot when I got the M3 in April. Great story, talk about getting clean. Several years off alcohol and at least a decade off tobacco. He pissed me off when he got high, but I didn't use. My problem, not his.

Anyway, I can somewhat tell when someone has a problem and I think he's fine. The sleeping pills had me mostly concerned last month, but I have a brother who went through that issue and I can tell you Elon doesn't exhibit anything like sleeping pill fatigue based on his recent interviews and factory tour clips.

Another point, he just might be taking on Wall street as our Slovenian friend suggests. If anyone thinks he gives up or feels butt sore from the SEC scolding, think again. Who else do you know that puts all his savings into that 4th rocket after the 3rd failed launch? He's just warming up and, in his mind, he's already got EV under control. IMHO, he's doubling down.

At the moment all of us investors wants to advise Elon to calm down with Twitter, if one read between the lines in one of his reply to tweet “ SEC May wants to increase fine to 420 millions, Elon replied: opposite is tru, this clearly tells me, Elon got a word from his lawyer that SEC is being too hard on him and judge is asking to lower the penalty so SEC is in weak position therefore Elon was critical of SEC, he could have kept it himself.

Frankly, that is my guess — despite (or because of?) what CNBC is reporting.

People are focusing on the wrong thing here... they don’t realize what Elon is doing. He’s pulling money from SpaceX shares and going private with the Saudi’s. They’re scooping up these half priced shares. Elon always has the last laugh. Honey badger don’t care.

Can we stop with the hubris please? If I were Kimbal Musk, I already would have taken Elon to the woodshed.

Doesn't matter how tough the honey badger is, they are still not the apex predator of their domain.

The SEC is... if you are a publicly traded company - which last I checked, TSLA is.

If I was a public company, of all the things to NOT f*ck around with, the SEC would be the last thing I would be f*cking arond with.

Real honey badgers would put a ton of money into TSLA at 260, and never check the stock ticker or TMC until they are ready to retire. And hopefully ready to retire is not this year or the next.

Last edited:
Wow! Amazing how much lemon juice they wanted to pour on that honey.

In some ways, we need to take control of the narrative. The Model 3 is the best selling car, yet the media is still able to spin. This is why keeping focus is so important right now.

I hope Elon can take Hyperchange’s advice.

We want the old Elon back.

In some ways, we need to take control of the narrative. The Model 3 is the best selling car, yet the media is still able to spin. This is why keeping focus is so important right now.

Since you replied to my comment, this is the media, not Elon. If Elon browses Market Action and picks any of the dozen or so fine plans here for how he should conduct himself, the crap from the media will continue unabated. Profitable quarters will make it better but it won't go away. And it won't stop affecting the share price, not when it's at 600, and not when it's at 1200.

What was the old Elon? The one where he defied his mother’s order to stay home and walked miles to his cousins as a young child in the 1970s?

Or the Elon who called out Jim Cramer for his call to his viewers to invest in Bear Stearns?

Or the Elon who called a NY Times reporter a “huge douche bag” in 2009?

Or the Elon who warned of a “tsunami of hurt” on naysayers in 2012?

Last edited:
Well, that 2+-year reservations list, that just got filled in about 4 months, is about to be done...
Think of it as traffic on Black Friday at Walmart, versus the traffic any typical Wednesday afternoon...
Congrats on getting through the Black Friday...
But now what? Demand for a $60k+ 4-door sedan just isn't that big of a market...
There's a ~reason~ the stock didn't go up after production numbers were announced.....
And sure, Elon's not helping......but.....it's more than just Elon...

Stock available to short is growing, so it's not like people are going wild with new shorting....
The large holders are becoming more and more concerned the growth story is whimpering out, and are selling...
Again, Elon's not helping, but, there's simply more supply of stock for sale, from people getting out of longs...

Not to even mention that the 2025 bonds are back down to their recent lows again....
At 85.367 as of Thursday... They'll be even a bit lower when Friday's quotes are posted...
Basically, bond traders are telling you they don't think those will be paid off at par 7-years from now...
There's a reason those bonds are called "junk" bonds...

Bond Factsheet - TSLA 5.300% 15Aug2025 Corp (USD) || bondsupermart

But, you go with all the things you mentioned...
Stock price on chart >>> lower on left - higher on right = Right-side up
Stock price on chart >>> higher on left - lower on right = Upside-down

So yes, guess I'm upside-down.... You're on to me... ;-)

Don’t you have a shift on an oil rig to get back to?

Could Oprah help Elon? Have a show where he can explain everything he is feeling and why - give him a chance to vent with someone who the world trusts? Let him work through with Oprah so the world can see he's not a bad guy - just a lot of pent up anger and aggression but for good reason...

Another idea---

Should we have some type of massive show of support for Elon / protest over his recent actions in Fremont? Would hundreds of thousands of people get through to him?

I don't know...just brainstorming...

I guess you stated the root of the problem. He doesn't understand how to pick a fight.

There are just too many problems in this world that even Elon Musk can't solve. And he should not try to tackle every single one of them his way.

If I try to think like you to understand you.

What do you think how many problems would Elon solved so far if he would pick up the fight?
All of these problems are connected. You can not solve a single problem without solving others.
Elon would solved zero in this case.

I must say that I went also through thinking that there are too many problems for one man in to less time. Before answering let me describe you one experiment which is brutal but good for thinking.

If you are cooking the frog you have to possibilities. If you throw the frog in a boiling water the frog will jump out and you will never cook it. If you put it in the cold water the frog will be cooked slowly because it do not realise that we are cooking it.

I thought before that Elon should slow down his change of the world so the frog don't know that we are cooking. For that scenario you need time. Do we have time? Earth have time? We are approaching to the limit. Where is the limit? Nobody knows. I know that each day the risk is increasing. Elon knows that there is no time left. He has SpaceX.

Next scenario is to change rapidly. This means revolution. You are threatening to all centers of power. They know where the treat is coming from and they are fighting back with heavy bombardment. They take of disguise and you see first what kind of power is that. If you use this power in negative way then this power is transformed into the monster. It is the war with monster.

So the dark side is using the biggest gun and now you want that Elon disappears? No, he needs to use twitter to open eyes his believers so we understand what is going on and we should fight back. Yes SP will suffer. Without fighting back there will be no SP. Elon knows it.
And we are talking about one of the smartest people I ever seen and we should not underestimate what sometimes we do not understand in a small picture.

Some people think that Elon is an Alien. I think that he is smart because he accumulated a lot of knowledge by reading. If we add a possibility that he is using AI in his decisions then you get something that normal people can not understand at our level of awareness.

We are lucky that Elon is good at hart and he is using it for our benefit.

If you remember stories of Nikola Tesla talking about future. What was perception of him at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.