Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having fun with connecting the dots here for the weekend after a stressful week. This would explain why Elon insisted on being right for saying "Funding Secured" even after being forced to settle with the SEC because it is now secured. Let me know what you think of my crazy theory. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, we will find out in less than 2 weeks!

Hi @Xpert Yeah, it's come up... :rolleyes:

Artful Dodger Sep 29, 2018
Do you realize what would really move the SP on Oct 31?

During the Q3 EC, Tesla announces GF5 for Neom, KSA and 100% funded by local debt (PIF). Factory output optimized for powerwall/powerpack production, solar panels, and solar roof. Export markets Mid-East/Asia/Pacific.

"Personally, I give us one chance in three." -- Marco Ramius​

Yeah, so if the Saudi's announce a $100B/10 year Tesla product order and funding to build the machine that builds the machine, I say that'll move the BOARD, too. In fact I think it'll move the JUDGE in Elon's Civil settlement, too. You know, the "funding secured" part might need to be revisited too.

Cheers!

Last edited:
BTW., big institutional investors are often portrayed as the serious, long term players, while retail investors are in it for the quick buck and are easy to scare.

It's exactly the other way around: the majority of instituionals either have a short term horizon who try to time the market all the time, or invite in the shorts by lending out the shares. I believe @neroden quantified this in some fashion? Retail investors on the other hand tend to have a longer term investment outlook. While they are a minority of total investors, they are the "foundation" of investor support.

This is why the short trolls are here and elsewhere on social media, attacking the "story" and slandering the man behind the story, Elon.

This is also why the influx of 6 billion dollars of capital this quarter alone should scare the shorts: over 83,000 people with enough assets to buy a $50k-$150k car, the majority of them new Tesla owners who bought their first Tesla, just started experiencing that story and are realizing that the rumors are ... all true.

Many of those new owners, like many new iPhone owners did a decade ago, will see through the FUD based on first hand experience and will see how undervalued Tesla is at current price levels.
I hope you are right. And actually the fact even the big ones are fragmented helps us avoiding big coordinated actions on their part. I think Elon owns like 22% and the next biggest player has 12 or sg.

Anyway, on a personal note I wanted to congratulate you on your 1000th post. And you did it in such a short time too. I really value your contributions and every time i get pissed at the loads of new accounts that just come here to troll and wish TMC had some rules of e.g. not being able to post for a month after initial registration or sg, i am reminded of you and how much you have contributed to the conversation in a intelligent and positive way. So, once again, welcome to the club, good to have you here!

I hope you are right. And actually the fact even the big ones are fragmented helps us avoiding big coordinated actions on their part. I think Elon owns like 22% and the next biggest player has 12 or sg.!
. Awaiting next update but last filed positions attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.PNG
    IMG_0217.PNG
    714.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0218.PNG
    IMG_0218.PNG
    423.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0219.PNG
    IMG_0219.PNG
    385.7 KB · Views: 61
Italian cars are not known for their anti-rust capabilties.

Are there cars made in Belgium? Yes!

http://www.brusselstimes.com/component/k2/8037/when-belgium-was-the-world-s-greatest-car-producer

Italian cars are often temperamental, but many are loved and cared for for decades longer than most other cars at great expense. Loving Tesla cars does not keep me from recognizing the value in a Pinafarina styled ICE machine. If you have a Ferrari or other exotic, consider Roselli Foreign Auto in San Jose... Robert is the best.

Advertising is good sometimes.. I hope to see more from Tesla soon... on Twitter too. Imagine if the public understood the functionality of Version 9... it might be good for the SP. It would be great for sales volume.

Last edited:
Hi Alex. Great move, well done! Since the Model 3 is still likely 3-6 months from a European launch, what will you get until you reservation can be filled? Cheers!

Thats true and I actually calculate even mid of next year assuming delays to deliver given the high demand to Europe a.o..

Living in Munich I have plenty of options like good car sharing systems, rental car around the corner, car from friends and of course the public transportation that is well organized here in Germany or simply my bicycle for short distances.

I do not commute to work and have used my car mainly to drive weekends in the Alps for paragliding or hiking something I will do in the future with my P3D :)

Love my ICE car but my future EV even more and for me having a car is pure luxury and I do not need one really. In that respect my situation is different from most....

Are there cars made in Belgium?

Advertising is good sometimes.. I hope to see more from Tesla soon... on Twitter too. Imagine if the public understood the functionality of Version 9... it might be good for the SP. It would be great for sales volume.

No better advertising than the thousands and thousands and thousands of drivers hitting the roads hourly with v9 and chatting it up endlessly. It's tangible. We advertise. We sell. We are one risk to institutional shorts whose money can't control or spin. It ruined their weekend Wheaties to see owners show up to help deliver cars.

Writing this as I am about to sell my ICE car today and will never return!

I am unsure if it was an unconscious act but close to a year ago I totaled (Wirtschaftlicher Totalschaden) my 4.2 l TDI Audi A8 in a spectacular crash on Autobahn A9, one my son and I walked away from without a scratch. Since then my daily driver is my (also aluminum framed) Felt gravel bike (and my wife still has her VW).

So I bought TSLA for the insurance money and without the cost of owning a car I am also able to put quite a bit away every month that passes as I wait for the Model 3 to arrive in Germany.

If Tesla manages to offer a tow-bar for the Model 3 by the time I can configure mine, then we will be able to continue as a one-car family.

What are you guys even talking about? You do realize that Tesla target audience doesn't care because THEY ARE NOT SHAREHOLDERS! We are ultra sensitive to his tweets because we are tied to them financially. You think how many millennial cared when he said funding secured? Or SEC can suck my dick? WTF is a SEC anyways? No one cares..everyone just want to see BFR, Falcon Heavy, launching more crazy things into space, Model S trashing Bugattis, Roaster 2.0 rocket boosters, etc etc. Elon knows exactly what millennial care about which are superlatives. It's always about the first, biggest, fastest, longest, whatever-est. All this talk about shorts sellers and financial talk are all yawn fest for the majority of people out there. Just remember, over 62% of Americans doesn't have more than 1k in their bank account. You really think they care about investing/short sellers/cash flow positive?
Most young people i know that invest in shares own some tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It's real. My wife is having 2nd thoughts about driving her model X now because of Elon, though she loves the car.
Would she feel better going back to an ICE, buying oil from companies who gave us global warming, Exxon Valdez, Deepwater Horizon, ...? Not even mentioning all the wars which were related to oil. Just because of some tweets?

Well, that 2+-year reservations list, that just got filled in about 4 months, is about to be done...
Think of it as traffic on Black Friday at Walmart, versus the traffic any typical Wednesday afternoon...
Congrats on getting through the Black Friday...
But now what? Demand for a $60k+ 4-door sedan just isn't that big of a market...
There's a ~reason~ the stock didn't go up after production numbers were announced.....
And sure, Elon's not helping......but.....it's more than just Elon...
I see you are also a master of talking out of your ass. Let us settle our differences on the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.