Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this. TSLA was trading at $360 before Elon’s take private tweet. Every actual negative event since then has been due to that tweet and here we are now over $110 / 30% lower. Everything involving the SEC investigation, rejection of settlement, lawsuit filing, settlement agreement, and subsequent anti-SEC tweets would not have happened without that initial take private tweet.

Aside from the take private tweet - the only fundamental news we have had since earnings was good news (Q3 delivery letter).
this is of course BS. There were news about leaving executives. There was of course stock drop associated with them, there is SEC investigation about model 3 numbers. With of course stock drop associated with it. There was another injection about UAW, With of course stock drop associated with it. There were hit pieces after interviews, after visiting Tesla, spy case, fake reporting, etc.etc. etc.

And you guys see only "smoking pot", "pedo", and "wrong fight with SEC".
Apparently FUD does work, pity to see this.

I feel like a broken record here, but the SEC does not need to prove intent. That's not the purpose of the SEC.

The SEC exists to:
  • protect investors
  • maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets
  • facilitate capital formation.
They don't need to prove intent when doing things to try and achieve this mission.

"Proving intent" is necessary for criminal proceedings, but the SEC never puts anyone in jail.

And "protect investors" is only one part of their mission. Shorts and Put option holders are also covered under #2.

The whole point of disclosure laws is so that everyone is on a level playing field. No one gets an advantage via material information asymmetry, which is necessary for the second part of their mission.

I think these guys analyzed it pretty well

I see that. How does after or pre market trading happen. Not a financial guru here. How can the stock be bought and sold without being traded on a market. Edumacate me.
Ya just put in an after hours trade. Most brokers allow it. To be perfectly honest I don't see why there's even a line drawn there. I bet in the future there will not be a distinction made between AH and the current normal daily hours.

These are my words to make the point shorter.

I don't know all the past history, but my understanding is that Tesla only had a couple of profitable quarters before. So it is a normal modus operandi. He got tired of shorts saying that you're not a company if you don't turn a profit, so he dedicated Q3 to prove you can make a profit on EVs.

If the point is proven, he could decide it's not worth repeating the exercise in Q4 etc. and go back into the expansion mode.
Actually not. Already in 2015 he decided that Model 3 will be the turning point. he even was saying that Tesla will be ready to be without him after Model 3. That he will leave. This new contract he got this year probably is the way to keep him longer.
This year he said that model 3 is the last bet he does. During 2017 and this year he stated a number of times that it is time to pay debts. More of it he has reiterated that going green is becoming priority for the company.

He was saying numerous times that his "hart" is in SpaceX.
If anybody of you is thinking that he somehow is clinging to this company or he wants all this publicity you are delusional. He is very loyal, and definitely he likes to have fans. But it's about it.

Ya just put in an after hours trade. Most brokers allow it. To be perfectly honest I don't see why there's even a line drawn there. I bet in the future there will not be a distinction made between AH and the current normal daily hours.

Interesting. How late and how early do they trade (before market opening I mean).

Off topic. I have learned almost everything I know about stock trading on this Tesla Forum....and I don't own a Tesla...yet.

Usually one has to setup pre or after hours market trading with a broker directly as I believe they have to get informed consent that PM/AH hours CAN have much higher volatility. At least that is the way it was a few years ago.

I like trading many stocks in the after hours after earnings as usually there can be a nice pop and then it's a SELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.