Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That almost earned you a disagree simply because I had to look it up, which made me feel stupid and inadequate for a brief second because I’m suppose to be well informed about my cat’s health.

At first I read degree, which I have lots of, instead of disagree. Mind fart. I have to look up even common words all the time because I'm a diming-witted old fart. "i" instead of "e" or "a," give me the most fits.

After Hours: 253
at least a good sign for tomorrow
edit: 255 nice
Don't read too much into AH price movement. Shorts had plenty to do with TSLA not recovering today when Nasdaq and FANG stocks did. Some shorts will be covering now to reload for more of the same tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself. It's a bit of a dangerous game for them at this price level, or at least it usually is when TSLA is near the bottom of the range. They won't stop until TSLA shows it can reverse. That's the way this game is played. TSLA remains relatively weak in terms of buying support, so I'm not confident we have seen the bottom yet.

Don't read too much into AH price movement. Shorts had plenty to do with TSLA not recovering today when Nasdaq and FANG stocks did. Some shorts will be covering now to reload for more of the same tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself. It's a bit of a dangerous game for them at this price level, or at least it usually is when TSLA is near the bottom of the range. They won't stop until TSLA shows it can reverse. That's the way this game is played. TSLA remains relatively weak in terms of buying support, so I'm not confident we have seen the bottom yet.
...and that is why I held off from buying more today. I don't have much dry powder so I'm not going to use it until I can see the whites of their eyes :p

You keep claiming I have an agenda yet you have offered zero proof. Spacecash just claimed I am paid to post here, which is total nonsense but he or someone else pulled down his post before I could respond. For the record, I post here since I find some Tesla information seems to appear here before it does in the press or gets better analysis here. I find that very interesting.

I am a very serious investor and have proven that by posting my actual trading record on this thread. I have no qualms going long when the timing is right as I also showed to all of you. So I will offer the free advice my Irish mother used to give people, "unless you have something nice to say, shut the *&%$^ up. And she always said it with a smile :)

Oh, the same kind of proof that Model 3 can’t be viable as an Uber? Based on numbers you said you didn’t have because nobody outside of Tesla knows. That kind of proof you want?

The kind of proof that Model 3 is likely to cause huge costs post warranty because one negligent Roadster owner had to pay a lot for old battery tech that Tesla no longer makes and when they did make it it was literally a handful?

The kind of proof that because a small percent of Ss had their DUs or batteries replaced with better tech therefore what? (Never mind Tesla did a ton of proactive swaps of DUs and batteries that were working just fine.) So now all the 3s out, any day now will need their DUs and batteries replaced? The kind of proof that Model 3s out of warranty later are what? Suddenly going to cost all 3 owners a crap ton of money? Because? That Tesla might never offer extended warranty packages?

That’s the kind of proof you want from me and the kind of proof that gets you factual numbers that clearly show 3 won’t make a viable Uber?

My proof just as good as yours.

...and that is why I held off from buying more today. I don't have much dry powder so I'm not going to use it until I can see the whites of their eyes :p
My thinking too, but since I've only just now adopted this thought process, I'm sure the SP will blast off in premarket tomorrow and I'll just sit on my hands watching it, and my portfolio, go exponential :D

Reactions: humbaba
There is so much fear in this forum when we should believe in the fundamentals.
As soon as people feel that $TSLA is undervalued for the first time in 3 years, the buyers will be back. For a gigantic showdown with the shorts.
As I have learned today, the big banks operate on both sides at the same time, short and long, maybe it's time for them to make up their minds about where is rocketship is headed.

Wow, authoritarian much? You must be on their board of editors. You guys keep attacking, though, I'm not in the mood for anymore of it. Goodbye.

Mod Mode

Racial pride without denigration of others is ok but risky. An advice. Don't touch it. Categorization of any collection of humanity in a pejorative way is racism and has no place in civil society. If you disagree with the latter, please let it be known. I shall report to those who know how to ban as we aim to encourage civility here. Not an idle threat. I've already said the bottom line for me is any personal attack. How much more vile is a collective one? Civility is a matter of growing up.

Well I bought more at 250. Pretty sure that's it for me..I mean I'm about 50% over what I thought was all in. (If that makes any sense)

But if the sale continues much longer who knows.

Over the last 1,5 month I bought packages of 10 shares at 307, 297, 293, 286, 283, 269, 261 and 260 (not in that order) for a total of 100 shares at an average price of 286. My planned total was 100, but I just moved dry powder for another 50 to my account to add more if we drop below 250.

Want to go crazy, fight crazy. My neighbor tells me tesla needs new battery after 100,000 miles and I say, no. Almost no degradation. Go to a dealer and they are selling like hot cakes. Most people don’t give a hoot about TMC and are as likely to base a car buy on beachbum666 as they are Biff Tannen or Jim Chanos. We don’t need 20 right fighters calling bullsheet every time firebird farts or beach boy boofs the Devil’s Triangle. You’ve been here too long to waste your time. Will he turn into myusername, probably, but kick=king dirt in his face isn’t going to win any converts or save any longs.

I will take that under advisement but I make no promises. Elon got to be Elon. Krugerrand got to be cat.

That might actually happen but what if it happens 3 years from now? Sigh...

It seems to me AMZN is way overvalued and TSLA is way undervalued when it comes to future potential.

Remember, it’s literally been about 3 months since the massive wave of Model 3’s has started to reach the public. This is just the beginning and the shorts are throwing every negative headline they can muster right now.

Last edited:
People generally know very little about Tesla and the Model 3, and are amazed that the rumors and legends are ... all true:

(FUD even helps in a way, as expectations about the car are artificially lowered and reality blows their mind away.)

This kind of first impression is going to take care of "demand", for a decade or two. ;)
I've been doing this in Austin for over three years. That's what happens in my car too... 20 times a day. It's an amazing high. (yes, I get high while driving, I admit it)
BTW when you're in Austin, don't use Uber or Lyft. Use Ride|Austin, look it up.

Phew! I was at the Austin City Limits music festival for three days and had 75 pages of posts to catch up on!!!

I am glad many have learned to ignore the trolls and FUDsters that are here. For those that haven't learned yet... don't forget, they are posting what they are told to post; their only mission is to diffuse the value of this forum to real investors (by posting nonsense, engaging in useless discussion, by getting everyone else to have to read [or scroll past] reams and reams of nonsense). Just ignore them. By that I mean Ignore them.

Today's price action was all of the drops in the NASDAQ and none of the climbs. There is too much negativity looming over TSLA right now. Thanks to the poster who linked to this Medium article which I hadn't seen:
Musk and Tesla are doing much better than headlines suggest

I am all for Elon tweeting whatever he wants. Don't forget that he tweets on behalf of Boring company, AI stuff, SpaceX, general engineering inspiration a la Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Tesla, plus anything else he wants. As regards market-moving statements he learns from his own mistakes (and I don't think anyone can teach him better than him learning from his own mistakes).

I am long TSLA therefore it doesn't matter if Elon hurts the stock with some tweets. Corporate earnings releases will fix the stock price.

Status
Not open for further replies.