Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Semis will take over.... precisely as fast as Tesla can make them and build charging infrastructure for them, alongside the efforts of any wannabe-competitors.;) The question is, how quickly can everyone combined scale to "millions per year" global volumes in order to meet both regular demand (250k/yr in the US alone) plus the extra induced demand from having a new product that's cheaper than diesel?

It's also worth noting that some markets will convert much faster than others, just like EVs in general. Tesla could convert, say, Iceland entirely to semis pretty quickly, and we'd be glad to outlaw diesel trucks after that. As someone who presently lives near a place where Akstur og Köfun trucks are regularly serviced, believe me, that would be a welcome change ;)

It’s all about the batteries:)

Fire Away!:)

Reactions: lklundin
When asked this: “Aspirational timeline for the new chip?”

Elon answered, this:

“6 months before it is in all new production cars.

No change to sensors.

This is simple replacement of the Autopilot computer.

Will be done free of charge for those who ordered full self-driving.”

Better when you read it like this. Punctuation matters.

“Let’s eat Grandpa.” V “Let’s eat, Grandpa”. It can really save lives:)

Fire Away!

Better when you read it like this. Punctuation matters.

“Let’s eat Grandpa.” V “Let’s eat, Grandpa”. It can really save lives:)

Fire Away!

eats-shoots-leaves.jpg

Wondering how hard the short attack in the first hour will be. Sort of have a gut feeling that this will be the last chance to get some discount shares for a long time. I think i'll set a limit order at 258.
The bad news wave against Tesla has been followed by a really super bad news wave for ICE manufacturers. Will the perception change ?

What do you guys think about the judge not yet signing off on the settlement? I would have thought it would be done by now if she was just going to accept it. Seems like the delay may mean she's considering having them come back to the table again. Personally at this point I would be happiest if she would just accept so we could put the whole situation behind us.

I could see her thoughts going both for or against Elon.

We all know the arguments for him. He was trying to be transparent to the small investor etc. Strong arguments there.

But I could also potentially see arguments against him, not that I agree with them. But for example his shorts enrichment commission tweet did not indicate an individual who intended to change his ways, so if judge was thinking he did something wrong, that would definitely hurt the chances of her just signing off on the settlement.

I just want it done, or not done. The unknown is the worst...

What do you guys think about the judge not yet signing off on the settlement? I would have thought it would be done by now if she was just going to accept it. Seems like the delay may mean she's considering having them come back to the table again. Personally at this point I would be happiest if she would just accept so we could put the whole situation behind us.

I could see her thoughts going both for or against Elon.

We all know the arguments for him. He was trying to be transparent to the small investor etc. Strong arguments there.

But I could also potentially see arguments against him, not that I agree with them. But for example his shorts enrichment commission tweet did not indicate an individual who intended to change his ways, so if judge was thinking he did something wrong, that would definitely hurt the chances of her just signing off on the settlement.

I just want it done, or not done. The unknown is the worst...

Ask and you shall receive :)

Edit: Judge approves Elon Musk's settlement with SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.