Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Europe:
Just look at this fear! :)
21.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Mich
Interesting speculation - Gali thinks MOdel Y and Semi will be built at G1.
Gali on Twitter

It makes so much sense because I don't think going from 35GWh to 105GWh in the same facility is going to substantially improve scale benefits, but Tesla definitely could use a place to build more units for N.America and their stated model going forward is battery+auto co-located. I mean -- there really isn't another option for the semi as far as I can tell either. I'd say this is 60% likely.

His spots haven't changed -- but he's not a Tesla obsessive. He's now decided to move on and target other companies, which are easier targets. Why waste your time hunting the most difficult prey when you can bring down a dozen easier-to-kill targets?

Yes. Not everyone is as obsessed with Tesla as we are. Most investors are short or long for the money. It is a mistake to think that every short seller has some particular Tesla hate.

Reactions: ZachShahan and erha
You should look at Tradegate. It will open your eyes :)
11k until now for today... Better wait for pre market to get excited.

So many people post screenshots of Frankfurt trading and are excited about the price not looking at the volume. The volume bar has an factor of 0.001, so tje volume spikes of 150k are actually just 150 shates, so nothing.

11k until now for today... Better wait for pre market to get excited.

So many people post screenshots of Frankfurt trading and are excited about the price not looking at the volume. The volume bar has an factor of 0.001, so tje volume spikes of 150k are actually just 150 shates, so nothing.

Dear Mich...maybe weekly overview can satisfy you? :)
27.png
:)

Meanwhile, I spent Saturday afternoon just walking between the capitol and downtown Oly and saw: 4 Model 3's and 3 S's. Never mind all the Leaf's, i3's and stuff. The world is changing before our eyes. Oh, and late in the afternoon I saw an X, a blue one, drive thru the capitol. Was that you DW?

License is “4 Earth” :) Or, MajorBS by my friends and relatives.

My wife commented to me, after her/our road march (miles) thru Venice yesterday, we never saw a car or truck. If you are interested in my take on Venice’s approach to sea level change, then look at the climate change thread ~ interesting day in Venice:)

Good trading to all or watching all things up:) Seeing $3.56 in after hours trading so far:)

New Was it mentioned on this thread that the LEMR has been raised to 46k$?

My reading is that Tesla saw a big rush of new LEMUR orders (some were reported here anecdotally, and that's just the tip of the iceberg), which new orders they aren't 100% sure whether they can meet by the end of the year, so they are raising the price by $1,000 to:
  • to throttle demand a bit and shift it towards higher priced options,
  • and also to have a cushion should they decide to foot the $3,750 delta in tax credits between a December 31 and January 1 delivery,
  • they probably don't know whether they'll be able to make 65k or 75k Model 3's, and the final unit count also depends on the order mix, and now they want to skew it up towards LR it appears.
I believe the following data points provide additional support for this hypothesis:
  • They did something similar with AWD last quarter: they raised the price by $1,000 when demand far outraced supply and they ran into a ~10k drive units per week supply limit, as correctly speculated about by @neroden.
  • The Model S+X options simplification that Elon announced is probably in an effort to squeeze out as much production capacity from Q4 as possible, both on the S/X and on the 3 lines.
In principle it's also possible that the ramp-up of the new Panasonic and Grohmann lines at the Gigafactory is progressing better than anticipated, so they want to shift demand towards utilizing more cells again.

Overall I'm not surprised - in this post I tried to estimate the amount of demand every $4k-$5k reduction in the entry price unlocks in the U.S. alone - and the numbers are huge ...

Status
Not open for further replies.