Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't on our list. And if we do get invited again, am supposed to ask based on writer and reader preferences. Vote on options here: What Would You Ask Elon Musk & Tesla On The Q3 Earnings Call? | CleanTechnica

But this seems like a good one to somehow slip in. ;) :) I'm quite curious about this.
I don’t know if they can even answer that question accurately. Their demand comes from too many places. I’m sure the model 3 has increased awareness and thus increased s&x sales and exposure but how can you really put a metric to it. Other than demand is up.

• Helpful
Reactions: davecolene0606
Non native speaker here. Seen this word being used here a few times. But isn’t capitol where the government resides and capital the stuff you can buy TSLA with?

The capitol is a building where a legislative body convenes.

77406-004-D385837A.jpg

The capital of the USA is Washington DC.

Tesla no longer needs capital infusions.

Yep gotta agree there. That was a wild time. Hoping next four quarters make 2013 look like some quaint little blip in comparison.

I've been through a lot of TSLA earnings reports over the years. My favorite of all time was May 8, 2013. Tomorrow's earnings likely won't top that one, but I'm hoping tomorrow's earnings report starts a huge multi-year run for TSLA.

In case anyone here isn't an old fart like some of us, these are inspired by Darmok, one of Star Trek: TNG's classic episodes. Well worth the two bucks for anyone interested (YouTube), or on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video if you've got either of those.

Incidentally, Picard's experience in Darmok conveys the feeling I often have when trying to explain Tesla to folks who have never experienced the car for themselves.

It took me about 5 minutes to remember this episode.

And that the Starfleet universal translator failed.

And this species language was all retelling of stories.

All communication by analogy!

Reactions: neroden and wipster
I was pulling allnighters running a startup during the year that Season 5 Episide 2 of ST:TNG came out. So I went and watched it on Netflix tonight, to make sense of the last few hours of this thread. Good show.

It took me about 5 minutes to remember this episode.

And that the Starfleet universal translator failed.

And this species language was all retelling of stories.

All communication by analogy!

Andrew Left lives in Bevery Hills. Is he a neighbor of Musk? Maybe not, but I'm sure he's seeing lots of Teslas on the road, and has friends who are driving Teslas. I wouldn't discount the impact of that on someone's psyche.

Musk lives in Bel-Air.

That is a different gang with different colors altogether.

I don’t know if they can even answer that question accurately. Their demand comes from too many places. I’m sure the model 3 has increased awareness and thus increased s&x sales and exposure but how can you really put a metric to it. Other than demand is up.

For sure. Would not be conclusive via regression analysis. :) But if they've seen a notable increase in demand in the past quarter — as Model 3 deliveries have spiked — that would be a good sign the thesis is right.

Reactions: wipster and oneday
Ummmm looks like Deepak exercised a few options today for a nice chunk of change. His exercise price was covered by todays increase to SP. Saweet. But why wouldn't he wait? Like until tomorrow?

View attachment 346542

Deepak has been exercising since inception. I asked myself the same thing in 2013 when he exercised before the squeeze.

Ummmm looks like Deepak exercised a few options today for a nice chunk of change. His exercise price was covered by todays increase to SP. Saweet. But why wouldn't he wait? Like until tomorrow?

View attachment 346542

Might be just playing it safe, legally. By exercising prior to the earnings deliverance, it heads off any accusations of report tinkering or talking to one's book with respect to the earnings report and earnings call. Deepak had no way of knowing that Citron (Left) would start the price action early.

• Helpful
Reactions: ZachShahan and Ulmo
Deepak has been exercising since inception. I asked myself the same thing in 2013 when he exercised before the squeeze.

Exercising and selling stock options immediately is a nice, low stress strategy that in the long run is still going to perform similarly to trying to time the market. It also allows diversification away from him sole source of income.

It's also much easier to put on an "automatic" exercising and selling plan that the SEC requires of insiders on the level of Deepak, who by the nature of his job is always in possession of material non-public information.

Maybe Left can sue himself.
Left is the kind of person who would definitely sue himself if he found a loophole where he could find a way to pay himself a judgement that was more than he lost.

Nothing will make Left right however...
I'm going to be completely honest here, if I could make the kind of money he makes from market manipulations, I wouldn't want to be right either. Capitalism is a zero-sum game. Someone has to lose in order for you to win. That's the nature of capitalist economies, the whole concept of scarcity underpins all the economic activity. In a world without scarcity, capitalism could not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.