Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you. But! What if, starting next week, Tesla publicizes the tax credit phaseout?

The phaseout timing seems beyond most people's ability to understand... at this point. But once the magic 200K number is reached, the tax credit rules become very easy to explain, since it's strictly date-of-delivery based. I think it's something Tesla could publicize easily.
Yes, but more for S/X. I believe Tesla had been ramping S/X production on the down low. Let's see what happens when Tesla announces 3k or even 4k/w S/X production.

• Disagree
Reactions: LoveTSLA
Not that tax credits actually matter, because Tesla makes cars people want and are priced properly in their respective segments. But there is a good chance that tax credits will be extended for those that actually meet them early. Giving German and Japanese and Chinese autos a competitive advantage vs Tesla and GM might but sit well with the maga wing of the Trump party. And I'm sure the Dems will support an extension.
Agree. I see Trump revising the US EV tax credit similar to the EV rebate program in Canada in that there is no quantity limit or cap assigned to the individual auto manufacture. This to support manufacturing in US. If there is a limit, put the Cap on EV sales as a whole, such as half the credit once accumulative 1/2 million vehicles sold, eliminate it after a million. The EV production leader should not be penalized in future years by the lacklustre achievement of those manufacturers slow to adapt to change.

Agree. I see Trump revising the US EV tax credit similar to the EV rebate program in Canada in that there is no quantity limit or cap assigned to the individual auto manufacture. This to support manufacturing in US. If there is a limit, put the Cap on EV sales as a whole, such as half the credit once accumulative 1/2 million vehicles sold, eliminate it after a million. The EV production leader should not be penalized in future years by the lacklustre achievement of those manufacturers slow to adapt to change.

I think the change will be to sync it up with solar which has the same phase out but is based on a set time period. I don't recall the exact years, but it phases out over a few years.

I really like your thinking and I would like to know how long would you consider holding your Tesla stock before you sell it . And can you think of some better investment opportunity like space XIPO which would make you liquidate your tesla stock several years down the road. What are your thoughts about space X coming as an IPO

Anyone paying attention would know that Elon would never want to take SpaceX public.

I don't know how legit this is, but welcome news if true: John Totah on Twitter

Edit: Just for clarity - this is battery packs, not cars... But of course, one cannot be without the other...

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 08.08.52.png

Last edited:
I don't know how legit this is, but welcome news if true: John Totah on Twitter

Edit: Just for clarity - this is battery packs, not cars... But of course, one cannot be without the other...

View attachment 312295

Indeed.

His account is now closed for the public and that is likely not a coincidence.

I wonder if he did make a mistake giving internal information he is not supposed to.

GF and Fremont are linked together and it would be hard for Tesla to store all those batterie packs and drive units somewhere in case Fremont cannot consume those. From a tied up capital perspective it won't make sense as well.

I would rather assume they are more or less well synchronized and not that much buffer exists between the two.

A throughput of 5K/w is per definition an average of 5K/w in June so far. Make your calculations accordingly ...

Maybe thats the surprise Elon was referring to in order to burn the shorts down...

Last edited:
at the end of this quarter but Tesla will explain that they have 20,000 vehicles to be delivered in the first week of Q3 and over 7k per week after that

The first month will be in the past tense by the er/cc

Anyone paying attention would know that Elon would never want to take SpaceX

FYI, This comes across as unnessary animosity,

"IPO Will Have To Wait Until Regular Trips To Mars"

I was paying attention and this is closer to what i remember. So maybe in my lifetime, after retirement. Certainly in my daughter's and son's lifetimes. So it may be time for some trust planning. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.