Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see tesla put up a giant tote board outside the Fremont factory that changes when each model 3 finishes inspection. This will eliminate speculation regarding production he’ll and provide millions in free advertising. Macdonalds did this.

They have historically not been too keen on disclosing data as other mainstream manufactures, hence the monthly insideeves guessing game. I would be happy if they would start there first. Problem is that it works when the data and metrics are positive, not so much when it is not.

Reactions: X Yes?
Is it true that brokers can lend your shares to short sellers without your permission?
I am long TSLA and don’t want short sellers getting hold of my shares.
Thank you in advance.

Can be - if you put a GTC sell order at a high price, say $2500, then they can't lend them out any more. Plus if there's a short-squeeze while you're on the toilet then the order might fill - win/win!

Reactions: immunogold
The markets in Asia and Europe has stabilized. Let’s see if the market here in the US can close in the green. So far so good, Dow: green, Naz: green, SP: green.

Eventually Tesla will turn green. From past observations if the floor is tested 2-3 times and is unbreachable, then we should be seeing positive results soon. This is such a great price.

• Informative
Reactions: bdy0627
Buy the dip guys, good news started to roll in....

From Reuters (Published today Mar. 29,2018):

FRANKFURT/BERLIN, March 29 (Reuters) - Tesla buyers in Germany can apply for subsidies again because a government agency has ended its dispute with the U.S. carmaker over whether its Model S was too expensive to qualify for the incentives scheme.

An independent assessment proved that a base version of the Model S was available for less than the 60,000 euros ($74,000) baseline and the cars are thus eligible, the German Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Controls (BAFA) told Reuters.

Under the subsidy scheme, buyers get 4,000 euros off their all-electric vehicle purchase and 3,000 euros off plug-in hybrids. ($1 = 0.8127 euros)

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold and gene
i would like to understand (in layman's terms) what this drop in stock price mean to the Tesla company as a whole? Would there be any negative impact if the share drops further still? Tesla itself would still be manufacturing cars on a daily basis right? So that would mean they are still earning from customers who paid and collect their cars.

So how does this affect them? Would they run out of money? What would happen if the price drops to $0? (if that's even possible?) I would like to understand the implications of what this drop means.

You took my advice X Yes...right?
upload_2018-3-29_10-55-10.png

Edit: Since I have him on ignore, I guess I won't see a response...

i would like to understand (in layman's terms) what this drop in stock price mean to the Tesla company as a whole? Would there be any negative impact if the share drops further still? Tesla itself would still be manufacturing cars on a daily basis right? So that would mean they are still earning from customers who paid and collect their cars.

So how does this affect them? Would they run out of money? What would happen if the price drops to $0? (if that's even possible?) I would like to understand the implications of what this drop means.

It would only really matter if they needed to raise capital. Otherwise, it's just some bad PR.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Can be - if you put a GTC sell order at a high price, say $2500, then they can't lend them out any more. Plus if there's a short-squeeze while you're on the toilet then the order might fill - win/win!
Thank you for your advice Lycanthrope, I have set a limit sell order at $2500 GTC, hope I have it right?
Why don’t all longs do this? It might squeeze the shorts a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.