Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I like your whole post, I have to say +1,000 on your second sentence for explaining what happens on the internet (and elsewhere). I absolutely believe people do tend to attribute their own motives to others. In other words, person Y sees person X doing something, and Y would immediately think that X's actions were because of what Y's motivation would be to do the same thing. Whereas, in truth, we would have no clue what X's motivation was without actually talking to X.

From a Tesla perspective and generalizing scandalously, if you see someone writing that Elon is a con artist, what could be really going on is that the writer normally thinks like a con artist and is attributing what would motivate *THEM* on Elon. This won't be true in all cases, but I'd bet it's quite prevalent.

That is exactly what I was trying to convey.

Cheers!

Report from Freemont on Model 3 Production line 5/13/2018 (midday):

* 4290- Last 7 days production of M3
* 638- Last 24hrs production of M3

The last line shutdown/retooling had a significant improvement on the speed of the M3 line. Everything is working in conjunction like intended and no bottlenecks anywhere. The upcoming May line shutdown for retooling is going to be much shorter than past, and currently scheduled for May 26-27th weekend. Shutdown could get moved up if production continues to increase at its current rate. The sentiment from the line is 5k sustained is pretty much guaranteed and 6k before end of June is very likely. Bottom line is I was told this is as good as Tesla employees have felt about the M3 production since production began.

That’s 630 x 7 = 4466 per week.
We better start warning vulnerable small retail shorts to get out. Things could get really nasty for them soon.
It’s not their fault they have been misled by the likes of Lora and Spiegel.

Reactions: madodel
A Tesla Model 3 has arrived
1f1e8-1f1f3.png
China Automotive Technology & Research Center for product certification testing and quality system certification. Could be getting ready to export to China.

here is my tweet with spy-shot : vincent on Twitter

Is it possible that Tsla could be profitable in Q2 with this new information? Has anyone run the numbers?

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Bloomberg says 2600 (though trending toward 4000); Troy’s spreadsheet says 3100. I want 4290 to be real, and it could be— just don’t do anything that could ruin you if it turns out not to be real.

Is it possible that Tsla could be profitable in Q2 with this new information? Has anyone run the numbers?
No, because profit/loss is measuered on total quater numbers. Even if T reaches 6k at the end of q2, the total produced in q2 will still be to low to cover all the amortization.
But sooner it reaches this target rate, the higher Q3 production will be, resulting in a higher profit. Don't expect a B in profit for q3 or even q4. They will still be mostly symbolic. It will take a few quarters more to streamline the production and pump up the GM. The +B will come.

A lot of things would have to go right, but there is a small chance. Let’s see how production progesses first.
They said they are using Q2 to transition to a smooth delivery pattern, so this should lead to a “filling pipeline” quarter, with more cars in transit than we are used to.
I think will be almost impossible, but th effect should add to the Q3 surprise.

Breaking News : Tesla (Shanghai Co. Ltd. was approved by the Shanghai Pudong New Area Market Supervision Bureau on May 10th. Tesla (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. has a registered capital of 100 million yuan and the shareholder is Tesla Motors Hong Kong Limited.

here is my tweet with link : vincent on Twitter

Its happening, please help to retweet
What does this mean though? GF approved M3 approved or something else?

• Helpful
Reactions: DragonWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.