Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I agree that 'profitability' will cause many shorts to exit their positions. I know EM has tweeted, and many people here expect, that a massive short squeeze is coming (bigger than 2012/13). That squeeze caused a tripling of the SP in short order. I just don't think the proper alignment is there ( example: the video) to have the SP surge the way it did (% wise) then.

Just trying to set realistic expectations. We collectively can get ahead of ourselves here.

I don't think weekly option contracts had begun trading at the time of the 2013 short squeeze.

View attachment 302213
Has everyone seen this?
Great for some pushback

What are the "relative terms"? Relative to what?

Personal (bodily) injury claims are also known as third party liability claims--i.e. a claim for damages by someone other than the insured or the insurer, usually because of the fault (negligence) of the driver--so it may be a reflection on how carefully Tesla owners drive.

What is the incidence of first party claims (in relative terms once that metric is defined)? 1st party claims are by the insured against the insurer, usually for property damage to the vehicle or medical payments for injuries to its occupants.

Not that it matters, but in the US, "personal" injury usually refers to such things as libel, slander, false arrest or imprisonment, or malicious prosecution. (We have devolved into an extremely litigious society; IMO a law degree (essentially a Master's) is much easier than a Bachelor's engineering degree.)

Tesla
1f1e8-1f1f3.png
China Shenzhen Grand opening party getting even more crazy after sunset, see the video -->

here is my tweet update part 2 : vincent on Twitter
Are these cars all sold, display, stock? Amazing turnout and excitement. It does seem that Tesla sales keep rising fast in China.

Reactions: sundaymorning
There were weeklies. SolarCity weeklies had certainly not started trading though and it was squeezed to some extent just by association. Shame they were never profitable. The possibilities. I guess we'll never know~

Methinks the next iteration will be. I predict solar roofs and Powerwalls will be quite popular in California in the near future, along with their solar panels. May be Tesla's ace in the hole.

Consider that Tesla is the first car company in history to have critical "black box" data on all of its cars, available almost immediately..

Yet somehow the grieving father in China cannot obtain any data from Tesla--the dash video cam survived the crash but not the "black box;" and, oddly, the real-time OTA data collection for its AP systems mapping failed?

It seems a little strange how they aren't making much of a news event with this. If I recall, it was big news for the S. This seems very low key.
Hey everybody!!!
Something is going to happen... soon!

Isn't that what people are criticizing Tesla/Elon for already?
Expect more trumpeters once it goes live...
(Or not, since the onslaught will be epic. Worse than Black Friday at Wally world...)

Status
Not open for further replies.