Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magicians make you look in one place as they perform the trick in another place where you don't look.:(
How about Tesla Energy for the Short Squeeze? Such as a large contract with a foreign country, or a very large utility company, similar but much bigger than the South Australian battery?

There is a rumored 1 GW, or is it 1 GWh, install that is supposed to be coming soon.

This tweet is so intriguing. For a true “short burn” as predicted, just meeting guidance of 5,000 per week should not do it. IMO there must be something else and much bigger that will be announced. As we have all seen, the only kind of announcement that has significantly elevated the stock in the past is very positive financial news.

Announcements of new/updated products and/or plans for new factories have typically led to only a small share price increase or decrease.

The only financial news that hasn’t been announced or predicted before (like Q3/4 profitability) that I can think of that would potentially result in a short squeeze is Q2 profitability or a major new investor or partner (either in the US or China).
I think people are overthinking things. I think Musk believes that announcing 5000 Model 3's produced in the last week of June plus the announcement of a factory in China will cause a short squeeze. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong - we should know soon enough.

There is a rumored 1 GW, or is it 1 GWh, install that is supposed to be coming soon.

Would love to see a firm contract with the government of Puerto Rico to convert the entire island to solar panels and industrial battery packs. I realize they supposedly have ~11K projects underway or soon to be, but it would be a real win/win/win if it was all coordinated.

Think of the positive publicity, Tesla reenergizes Puerto Rico!

Remember the factory is the product. First gen GF was just one factory, I'm pretty sure second gen GF will be replicated more than once. With M3, MY, Semi, Roadster, China, Europe waiting, TE about to explode, there must be about 5-10 GFs in the pipeline.

Tesla is not about making profit. Elon wants to change the world to a better place, 5 or even 10k/week doesn't change the world.

Something big is coming. The burn will be more pain than the VW short squeeze.

Last edited:
Here are my guesses for the short burn.

-positive gross margin on the 3. Maybe not enough to overall be profitable, but enough to see where it will be in Q3 and Q4.

-large increase in reservations.

-some creative investment from
China that does not dilute shareholders. A Chinese EV company provides the factory in exchange for access to purchase Tesla batteries or packs??

Here's a weird thought of mine, not likely, but possible: What if reservations have been increasing like crazy as of late but... they decided to deliver as many cars as possible in U.S. regardless the tax credits expiration? In that scenario, it doesn't matter losing, let's say, 15% of the original reservations (the cheapest ones) to get closer to profitability in Q2. That would be huge. :)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Here's a weird thought of mine, not likely, but possible: What if reservations have been increasing like crazy as of late but... they decided to deliver as many cars as possible in U.S. regardless the tax credits expiration? In that scenario, it doesn't matter losing, let's say, 15% of the original reservations (the cheapest ones) to get closer to profitability in Q2. That would be huge. :)

No way - no reason to burn their customers. You time that 200,000 car when you can make 10,000 Tesla’s a week across all lines.

I think Elon's "short Explosion" tweet is getting on News, thats why

In Europe the negative press is dominant today. Pictures and videos of the burning S are everywhere. Limited positive news. Not a single mention of his tweet last night just a few pic up on the 3.5 k/w news or the M3P picture mostly they call his letter a desperate move.

Overall markets are pretty negative due to fear about trade war and that a next move and a text move around tariffs happening.

Tesla in Germany first was red but just turned green. All DAX titles are red.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.