Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this uncertain timing about when big news concerning privatization might drop. I can't respond rapidly to news over here (working through a broker that operates on Icelandic time), so I'm not comfortable putting sell orders out that might be undervaluing the stock. E.g. if Tesla makes public the list of buyers and sets a date for the vote, that will radically alter the trading picture.

I'm still comfortable putting in buys, but I can't put in too many without sells, or I overexpose myself.

Hoping for clarity soon....

A big part of that is media outlets reporting it as if it is serious. You only find out the truth if you really dig into the stories(and follow the links to the source articles).
Whether it is serious or not only the SEC knows for sure and they are not talking. Anything else is just speculation. We are in a wait and see period now.

i expect an 8k
https://www.sec.gov/files/form8-k.pdf

followed by an S4 at some point, which will detail the exchange offer
https://www.sec.gov/files/forms-4.pdf

some people i’ve talked to (that handle regulatory reporting for public companies)
weren’t convinced an 8k was needed yet
..they said a handshake agreement between em and a funding party isn’t yet “entry into a material definitive agreement”
but i dunno.
there’s other items to be included on 8k that may require a filing. i guess it depends on what is really going on behind the scene (obv we don’t know).

BUMP! This is what has been in my mind the entire time.

Reactions: ZachShahan
Never been done before, really?

Space X employees have stock based compensation. Most of them are not millionaires. What about Uber?

Well there are some differences w SpaceX...I bet it was under 2k outside investors (who were most likely accredited for SpaceX and then the ones not accredited were employees)...that is a whole different issue when you are an employee. This as opposed to taking say hundreds of thousands of public investors private. That's not a similar comparison unless you work for Tesla. Us retail investors don't. That said - Enjoy the party, it might be the beginning of a new invesment vehicle. I'm hoping they can do it.

I was very bullish on this deal yesterday, but after reading this article, I'm less so: Elon Musk Has Some Fun With Tesla. From that article, it seems like Elon may misunderstand what can be accomplished by having a special fund for retail investors. It says the funds that Fidelty has with SpaceX are regular mutual funds that also have other holdings, so they aren't concentrated in SpaceX. So I'm less optimistic that retail investors will be able to stay with Tesla.

Notice some of the small time shorties have bailed on their short positions (on Seeking Alpha - Montana Skeptic, Anton, Paulo, Bill Maurer).

For the rest of your shorties, please please hold on to your positions. Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise! At worst you'll lose only ~10%, no biggie!

Ha! Good riddance! Hateful littl trolls.

He said he's already doing it with SpaceX. Why can he do it there but not with Tesla?

SpaceX has never been publically traded and the number of shareholders is considerably smaller. I too have a number of questions about the SpaceX stock package as we never hear anything about it. I posted some questions in this thread this morning and haven't seen any answers as yet, so i'm thinking few if any non-employees know anything about it and the employees ain't talking... whether that's due to an NDA or not, I don't know. But can you imagine all of us longs wanting to go private would sign an NDA? And if so, how would it be enforced?

Lot of questions to be answered about going private that need to be addressed, gonna be an interesting next few weeks and months!

Well there are some differences w SpaceX...I bet it was under 2k outside investors (who were most likely accredited for SpaceX and then the ones not accredited were employees)...that is a whole different issue when you are an employee. This as opposed to taking say hundreds of thousands of public investors private. That's not a similar comparison unless you work for Tesla. Us retail investors don't. That said - Enjoy the party, it might be the beginning of a new invesment vehicle. I'm hoping they can do it.
You really don't know anything. Uber allows some of its former employees keep their stock compensation.

I was very bullish on this deal yesterday, but after reading this article, I'm less so: Elon Musk Has Some Fun With Tesla. From that article, it seems like Elon may misunderstand what can be accomplished by having a special fund for retail investors. It says the funds that Fidelty has with SpaceX are regular mutual funds that also have other holdings, so they aren't concentrated in SpaceX. So I'm less optimistic that retail investors will be able to stay with Tesla.
Please, post the name of source, don't want do donate clicks. Do your resarch..

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog and MikeC

We seem to be on the same page my friend!

Please, post the name of source, don't want do donate kliks. Do your resarch..

From SFGate article (See which Fidelity funds invested in SpaceX):
"Fidelity has disclosed which of its mutual funds hold stakes in SpaceX.

In late January, Fidelity and Google announced they had invested a total of $1 billion to acquire almost 10 percent of Elon Musk’s privately held reusable-rocket company. Google later disclosed its share was $900 million, leaving Fidelity with $100 million.

In their monthly portfolio updates, five Fidelity funds showed SpaceX holdings. All are growth-oriented funds and each invested about 0.04 percent of its assets in SpaceX."

i don’t follow

Just trying to bump this to newer pages for more exposure because I think too many people are assuming an 8k was needed/will be needed in next couple days, but I'm of the camp that it is not needed yet and not a material definitive agreement. If someone made the offer to him at $420, but he never agreed to it, wouldn't that not be an agreement?

Reactions: MP3Mike
You really don't know anything. Uber allows some of its former employees keep their stock compensation.

Exactly Remus you just stated my point..... former Uber employees...keyword is that they are or at one time were employees. How can you say I don't know anything and then confirm exactly what I'm saying by making my point? Are you or are you not a Tesla employee or former employee? If you are you or were, you have much better chance of going into a private fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.