Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I believe elon's tweets and the unsworth scenario is linked to stock price is because a settlement affects elon's personal wealth.

Elon's personal wealth matters because of how much tsla stocks he pledged to get a loan.

Sorry to say, but this is a potential vector to bring down tsla.
What jurisdiction would Elon face suit? UK? Thailand? Is Vern considered a public figure? Did Vern publicly impun the reputation of Elon as a public figure? How wide spread did Vern’s accusations of Elon published in global media spread? Does Elon’s response constitute free speech in response to a claim against himself, which was baseless and without fact?

This is a legal minefield that will go nowhere. It’s all media theater.

As to stock movement , where’s the volume? I think the only reason this stock moves outside of actual numbers from official channels or Elon stating official numbers or indicating something to do with actual numbers— is due to non stop media reports by the usual suspects (isn’t strange the same networks and personalities always appear to talk about Elon/Tesla badly?)

The noise wall of media is relentless and the only reason is to manipulate the stock. So all undue stress you may be experiencing may have to attributed to tuning into the noise.

Wait for the sales numbers. Wait for the q3 report or any early releases of numbers. Any indication of orders, indications of production stability, indications of deals...

The rest is noise and attack profiles of those who want Tesla to slowdown, fail, or lose demand momentum.

The vehicle is amazing. You literally can’t go back to a gas car after experiencing the control and acceleration. Nothing on the road like it (yet).

Same goes for the solar/storage products. The app is amazing and who would of thought your electricity would be fun and cool and something you actually think about as such? The average American spends no more the 4 minutes thinking about electricity... so this is really amazing.

Again, hold judgement for the q3 numbers and guidance.

SPY, QQQ, large tech stocks all broke out to all time high. Tesla is staying so weak. It should have broke above $400 already. I'm wondering what/who is holding it down.

I'd say it's in large part the relentless FUD:

How much FUD can the media make?

But I'd say there are large players active as well, influencing the TSLA price materially, with unclear motivations. (No solid proof though.)

I am not predicting TSLA will break $300 again, but if TSLA does get below $300, the next good entry is $265.

If your size is more than your risk appetite can tolerate, you will need a stop loss order, at least for the newly purchased shares.

I quoted the stock to get too mid 2s a while ago. followed by allot of dislikes. Also said after the original tweet that funding secured could get him in trouble if not true. Followed by more dislikes. I am still waiting to see how this Elon thing pans out. Tesla without Elon isn't the same company at all. For the good or worse we will eventually find out. That is unless Elon is always around. I for one hope he is.

Either way Tesla as a company is succeeding and I hope to jump in prior to Q4 stats. Because I feel after those numbers are calculated the stocks are going to go up dramatically.

SPY, QQQ, large tech stocks all broke out to all time high. Tesla is staying so weak. It should have broke above $400 already. I'm wondering what/who is holding it down.
Good time to sell those 52 wk high stocks & buy Tesla. I'm waiting to see where the floor/support is (having earlier bought a few hundred shares in 370s & 320s).

Before this month, last time I bought TSLA was in 2011, when the price was $26. :)

It's starting to sound like 'pretty soon.'

I know I'll rack up some disagrees on this, but... good. I guess we'll see whether Musk has any evidence to back up his claims, especially now that he's doubled down. I hate that this is happening, but as I said when this whole thing went down:

Unfortunately yesterday's follow-up tweets suggest that perhaps Elon still hasn't realized his mistake.

And yes, you can bet that this will be relevant to the market action of TSLA.

Actually, seeing this was dated 6th August, I think yesterday's tweets mean that Elon knows more than we do.

Unless he hasn't been home for a few weeks to read his mail, of course... :D

I'm long $TSLA, I like the SP to go up, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but it's not a big deal for it to dip and it gives a chance for some more committed longs to grab some more stock.

I expect a reversal once August figures are released, before that, left to right a bit...

And why would Elon double-down when he has a pending law-suit...?

The simple explanation is that he was provoked by some no-name on twitter and remarked out of emotion without thinking. Seeing as that seems to his self-proclaimed MO so far it's probably the most likely. After all, when he apologized for the original offensive tweet I recall he said it was a visceral response.

What jurisdiction would Elon face suit? UK? Thailand? Is Vern considered a public figure? Did Vern publicly impun the reputation of Elon as a public figure? How wide spread did Vern’s accusations of Elon published in global media spread? Does Elon’s response constitute free speech in response to a claim against himself, which was baseless and without fact?

This is a legal minefield that will go nowhere. It’s all media theater.

As to stock movement , where’s the volume? I think the only reason this stock moves outside of actual numbers from official channels or Elon stating official numbers or indicating something to do with actual numbers— is due to non stop media reports by the usual suspects (isn’t strange the same networks and personalities always appear to talk about Elon/Tesla badly?)

The noise wall of media is relentless and the only reason is to manipulate the stock. So all undue stress you may be experiencing may have to attributed to tuning into the noise.

Wait for the sales numbers. Wait for the q3 report or any early releases of numbers. Any indication of orders, indications of production stability, indications of deals...

The rest is noise and attack profiles of those who want Tesla to slowdown, fail, or lose demand momentum.

The vehicle is amazing. You literally can’t go back to a gas car after experiencing the control and acceleration. Nothing on the road like it (yet).

Same goes for the solar/storage products. The app is amazing and who would of thought your electricity would be fun and cool and something you actually think about as such? The average American spends no more the 4 minutes thinking about electricity... so this is really amazing.

Again, hold judgement for the q3 numbers and guidance.

We don't know any of the not even official suit so don't know.

Low falling volume and falling stock price on a rising market spearheaded by tech. Means there's a lack of buyers, not an increase in shorts.

Many potential buyers are turned off by the tweets. It's the first time it has happened. Look through all online discussion forums. And this happens after a huge confidence hit from the going private fiasco.

You are right though. Q3 numbers should solve most of it. But instead of a blow out quarter when sp is 360+, we'll be dealing with a repricing higher from a low stock price of ~300 due to lack of confidence. I prefer the first scenario over the 2nd any day.

Keep in mind, historically october is peak fud media spending, so sentiment will have to fight against large short media spend as well.

Please provide a couple of examples so we can do a little compare / contrast. I can't think of any examples of what you describe. Not saying they don't exist, just saying I can't think of any.

For me, the big one was Amiga - arguably more beloved in multimedia circles in the 80s and early 90s than Apple. I believe when Commodore went bankrupt around 1994, the Amiga had become its flagship product - not that its iconic Commodore 64 didn't still have its devout fans too.

Status
Not open for further replies.