Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I love such posts.

Now the only thing is remained is to link the "new thread" you found so we can get more information from the poster. Of course the alternative is to ask mods to ban you for posting misleading information.
Huh? I did provide the link. The thread is here on TMC. There were 6 M3's on Sunday marked as inventory at my local DC (no buyer name assigned). So if you are close by and looking for one of those colors why wouldn't Tesla assign it to a new order? This is not the first report of this happening. I posted the link because offering free SC usage is a new thing and could be useful to a lot of people.

If you were around yesterday, Tesla just revamped their early lease termination program provided you take delivery by 9/30. So Tesla is stepping up measures to boost sales in Q3. Nothing wrong with that at all. Adding free SC usage falls right in line with that effort.

If anything, these promotions hurt shorts. It does not help them.

Last edited:
they figured since the stock is under attack they can scare some into giving up as well. maybe effective on the newer bulls.

Maybe, but just because someone is new doesn't mean they are foolish or weak of stomach. I must say that I appreciate all of their effort, however, as otherwise I would not have been able to pick up the additional shares. To be honest, I wouldn't mind it staying low just a little longer for a sell to settle and give me more money for $TSLA.

I always hope that my shares come from a short seller rather than a weak long. But if you don't have the stomach for a volatile stock then stay away from $TSLA, its for your own good. No ulcers, people!

Huh? I did provide the link. The thread is here on TMC. There were 6 M3's on Sunday marked as inventory (no buyer name assigned). So if you are close by and looking for one of those colors why wouldn't Tesla assign it to a new order? This is not the first report of this happening. I posted the link because offering free SC usage is a new thing and could be useful to a lot of people.
For some reason I didn't see it as link. In any case it's bullocks. There are many cases of people especially in California getting cars very quick. There is 0 chances of Tesla offering as their choice a weekend delivery. There is 0 chance of Tesla offering free 1 year SC for RWD model. It is suicidal if they would do that. You are spreading FUD by 1poster. Why?

Too funny. A SHORT is suing Elon for "price manipulation" in a period where SP dropped

Agreed. What will the argument be?

"You're Honor, we we're shorting $TSLA and the 'going private' announcement worried investors who would not be able to stay in, resulting in them selling stock and an overall decline in the stock price. But, and this is the key point, $TSLA did not go bankwupt so we only made money from a temporary drop in price. As short sellers we have a right to profit from $TSLA going bankwupt and as that did not happen we demand immediate reparation."

For some reason I didn't see it as link. In any case it's bullocks. There are many cases of people especially in California getting cars very quick. There is 0 chances of Tesla offering as their choice a weekend delivery. There is 0 chance of Tesla offering free 1 year SC for RWD model. It is suicidal if they would do that. You are spreading FUD by 1poster. Why?
I relayed a new possible INCENTIVE.

How do you think Jon McNeill reduced the S & X inventory in the second half of last year by over 6,000 units? He offered big discounts. That hurt margins which in turn led to losses but the inventory had to go. Offering things like free SC usage have no immediate impact on margins. I used to do the same thing during big sales at our dealership with free oil changes for 2 years that got expensed to service or free stadium tickets that got expensed to advertising.

SpaceCash. You disagree with every single post I make. Why not speak up and say what you disagree with?

Last edited:
Actually, now that I read the article, I see that they do have a rational argument (regardless of its merits, it at least is coherent).

In short (heh) they are arguing that Musk *intended* to trigger a price increase with his tweet which would then have caused injury to short sellers. For manipulation you do not necessarily need to have damages, intent can be enough.

However, it is obvious from publicly available evidence that Musk *intended* to take $TSLA private. Largely from annoyance with the shorts, but that is immaterial. The *intent* is what is important.

And going private isn't exactly new news, its just the closest Musk has come to actually doing it.

To weaken the manipulation case even further is the fact that Musk changed course with well documented and rational reasons for doing so that have nothing to do with stock manipulation.

Sorry, $TSLA failing to go bankwupt as a consequence of the FUD and sabotage is NOT fraud.

Thats a joke they have 0 chance to get even a case and I doubt they even try to win. All they want is a headline to drive more weak bulls out. Look at the timing.

In order to win this they need to prove that Elon intentionally made a proven false statement and they need prove too that he or people close to him did agree to buy and sell stocks to make a profit timed accordingly. How unrealistic is that ?!

Even more unrealistic they need to prove that at the moment Elon made the statement he did it while consciously knowing it was a wrong statement. In terms of "secured" they need to prove that he believed the word means he has to have a written statement or LOI which he did know he did not have.

Very funny, all of those will never happen. This is pure FUD.

Even if they could "prove" something, they have zero rights in law. They know this. It's not an attempt to sue, it's pure manipulation.

Like Ultra-BS, same group of people. Will stop at nothing to protect their short positions.

It's disgusting and despicable.

A post from someone who claims he had to "make the decision today", made an account on TMC, posted this yesterday, was never seen online again on TMC since the minute he made that post. Does that sound trustworthy to you? Do you even care?
Since the thread started last night, it would seem by now a MOD would have raised a flag if there was one. New people are discovering this site and M3OC every day. Troy says his reporting represents less than 5% of all Tesla M3 buyers.

The Tesla website is still saying 2-4 months for delivery on any Model 3. Getting a call within a day or two would leave people scrambling who were expecting time to perhaps sell a current car, put more money down, contact insurance, and/or arrange financing. If that happened to me I would certainly reach out to find out what is going on. So I prefer to treat the poster as innocent until found guilty since the incentive, if real, does not help shorts at all. Anything that juices sales in Q3 is a good thing only for longs.

If you spend some time on Troys spreadsheet you will see a number of new RWD orders getting VINs in a day or two. So this is not news.

Last edited:
Huh? I did provide the link. The thread is here on TMC. There were 6 M3's on Sunday marked as inventory at my local DC (no buyer name assigned). So if you are close by and looking for one of those colors why wouldn't Tesla assign it to a new order? This is not the first report of this happening. I posted the link because offering free SC usage is a new thing and could be useful to a lot of people.

If you were around yesterday, Tesla just revamped their early lease termination program provided you take delivery by 9/30. So Tesla is stepping up measures to boost sales in Q3. Nothing wrong with that at all. Adding free SC usage falls right in line with that effort.

If anything, these promotions hurt shorts. It does not help them.

Listen bum(77), that thread was posted by someone with a total of 1 post. Then another lady mentioned she got a similar deal (total posts of this member = 1).

Might I conjecture that these aren't "real" members and simply hacks who signed up to create a ruckus?

Or perhaps they are simply bum-derivatives.

Does someone have information about the development of the institutional ownership over the last few weeks? Currently we are at 57.37%, is that lower or higher than 1-3 months ago?
13F's are only issued 45 days after the end of each quarter. For more frequent updates you need to go to individual funds and look at their latest internal reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.