Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad I quoted you the wrong year. These were Jan 2020 put LEAPS selling at the 420$ strike that were bid up from 155$ to 162$ per share.

I find that a very odd contract to buy.
If you are convinced bear, buying these is the same as for bulls buying DITM call: time premium is low, you get almost 1:1 move, and additionally, your loses are limited, and money you tie in is about the same or less than plain shorting.
If I were bear, I'd buy those.
Being a bull, I actually sold few of those same ones :) My logic: a bit of time premium, large enough return as opposed to selling at the money puts so that my money is effectively used. Or said differently: If I'm right, I get to reap almost the same benefits as buying stock (close to 50% gain and then it's capped), if I'm wrong, it doesn't hurt me to hold, i.e. time works for me.

Reactions: neroden
Anyone else keep getting redirected to GB website when trying to go to Tesla.com?

Yes, I've had it once. Check your region below:

upload_2018-9-6_13-14-18.png

More F150s are set to go up in flames now that Ford has come out in support of NFL players' right to protest.

Ford: We respect the right of NFL players to protest

Political allegiances aside, who in their right mind thinks that any type of political protest is appropriate when YOU ARE ON THE JOB ON COMPANY DIME?

1st amendment doesn't mean what people think it means.

Ford recalls 2M pickup trucks; seat belts can cause fires

Ford recall sounds nastier and nastier as I read about it. I'd sure would hate for my seatbelt to light on fire and immolate me while I am restrained..

I know its hypocritical coming from the snippiness king, but outright name calling doesn't ever achieve anything. Ignore or fight with facts (while being snarky in the process heh heh).

Personally, I also disike to disagree without explaining why. Not that 'voting' reputation means anything but its just annoying when people disagree but can't challenge your point.

I don't respond to the paid bashers often because I have VERY personal beef with these types from previous stock adventures. I HATE them and find it very difficult to engage them without using brutal language and contempt.

I disagree that all "points" require proper rebuttal. Usually the "points" we're looking at are preposterous, laughable, and outright not worth the time of decent people beyond the simple "laugh" or "disagree" reaction.

Does someone have information about the development of the institutional ownership over the last few weeks? Currently we are at 57.37%, is that lower or higher than 1-3 months ago?

Hi! You almost had me. Naturally any search on the topic just goes to SA -- so I know where you are from. But to get this out of the way:

The high water mark was 80.81% in Sept 2012. Because that was the *high* point it naturally declined after that, dipping below 60% before increasing again and... but we all know about volatility, don't we?

The lowest point I found since Sept 2012 was the last reported by [2], at 45.48%. So, with a current institutional ownership of ~57% there has been a clear and obvious increase in institutional interest.

Next!

1) https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/institutional-holdings
2) Tesla Inc (TSLA) Historical Data of Institutional Ownership, and Insider Ownership

My sister lives in Houston.
Hey Karen, you ready to configure?

It is my belief Tesla will launch another cash-raising effort before the end of the month, just like they did in the last week of June for another influx of $2,500 deposits. If I am right it will be either opening configurations for SR here or LR RWD/AWD in Europe (LHD). My vote is on Europe.

Remember when the so called experts predicted the fall of Tesla because of the Chevy Bolt Tesla killer.... It was obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells that the extremely Ugly and Cheap looking Bolt was NO threat to the 3. August sales of the Bolt were pathetic, and less than one tenth of Model 3 sales. Now these same people think that a Mercedes with no charging network and with worse specs than a 2012 Tesla is a threat? The market is growing faster then Mercedes will ramp and sell, and they won't hurt Tesla one bit. And their inferior product just showed how far ahead Tesla is compared to the rest of the world. It is their stock that should be falling 30%....

Last edited:
I don't respond to the paid bashers often because I have VERY personal beef with these types from previous stock adventures. I HATE them and find it very difficult to engage them without using brutal language and contempt.

I disagree that all "points" require proper rebuttal. Usually the "points" we're looking at are preposterous, laughable, and outright not worth the time of decent people beyond the simple "laugh" or "disagree" reaction.
Here's some advice for dealing with paid trolls:
How To Spot A Paid Troll And What To Do When You Find One — Steemit

The fact that many of these have just popped up recently goes directly to the top of the list.

To the paid trolls among us, seriously, if you are that hard up for cash, Octapharma will pay you $250 just to become a blood plasma donor. You could even troll while you donate to double your earning potential. Check it out: Make Money by Making a Difference | Octapharma Plasma

Hey Karen, you ready to configure?

It is my belief Tesla will launch another cash-raising effort before the end of the month, just like they did in the last week of June for another influx of $2,500 deposits. If I am right it will be either opening configurations for SR here or LR RWD/AWD in Europe (LHD). My vote is on Europe.

As much as I'd love to, there's nowhere near the signs that they're getting anywhere close to launching in Europe.

* Even Canada is barely getting any supply right now, the US is eating it all up. How are they supposed to start supplying Europe?
* There's a lot they'll have to do before they can start selling Eurospec versions. We haven't even seen anything to suggest that they've even made a single Eurospec version for testing yet. They just registered what's theoretically the first Eurospec VINs. All signs are that they're half a year or so from being able to launch here.

If they were to open up Eurospec orders now? I'd actually delay. I want both towing and air suspension. They've already been seen testing the tow package at the very least. And knowing how long it'll be before they can start shipping? There's no point to locking into something when there's plenty of time before the options I want can come out.

Once they've got towing and air suspension out and open orders to Eurospec? Then they've got my money ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.