Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CEO's in public are always at work. Especially this one.
Robin

This is probably another old Baby Boomer institution that's on it's way out: The polished, fake/plastic, poll-tested Executive/Politician... Its not compatible with the everyone-has-a-camera-on-their-cellphone reality, because it comes off more and more as fake every year.... because it is fake.

There are many CEOs who enjoy wine or scotch on their free time.

NO BUYING HERE. Wait for news. Might go bankrupt today or next week.

CAO knows something (accounting is irregular - SEC is investigating officially).
Yeah, ok, I'm one to defend bears all the time, but you're no bear, you're troll.
If I were moderator, I'd ban you personally, and that's saying something, if you look at the history of my posts.

Haha I love that picture. Exactly what's happening.

So typical of the shorts to leave out the part of the picture that doesn't agree with their narrative... full picture attached for those interested.

upload_2018-9-7_8-42-49.png

Has nothing to do with investors positions. Look at how many CEO's have been fired for performance on a CC, something said to the press, or bad behavior. It is not the investors that take the actions, it is the BoD's. I think we all know that with any other truly independent BoD Musk would have been replaced as CEO by now no matter how many shares he owns.

The question has become is Musk an anchor dragging Tesla down? Would a change of CEO spark new life into the SP? I think it would. Let Elon be the Chairman and Chief Product Architect and leave the job of producing those products to others. Then we could all get some much needed rest.
Aah yes the old redirect as a question.
Let me try...so really the question is will Don now write a SA article saying now is the time to by Tesla...or has he become so ingrained in his thinking that he can't possibly change his mind?

Or maybe this...Can it be the Mr Musk is so confident in his company that he does not give a fat rat's ass what Short's think?

provide a link kind sir

otherwise seems like a good reason to ban this fool

Seconded. I would add:
Is the following just coincidence? Or some sock puppetry?

TESLA IS PROBABLY FILLING FOR BANKRUPTCY BEFORE Q3 EARNINGS..

WTF IS GOING ON? **** YOU ELON

If the acocunting irregularties are too high - Tesla will need to fill for Chapter 11 - Bankruptcy. TESLAQ is not that far away anymore after this news.

Still more than enough rocket fuel for an epic short squeeze.
If someone had given me one share of TSLA for every time a post implied an imminent squeeze, I'd have (even at current SP) enough to buy a flushed out Model X, without having to sell any of my core shares. As it is I don't intend sell more than 100 of those shares to buy my X. I guess I'll be waiting at least two more years to get my X.

Although I agree with you that this is not a good time to buy, going short may make some sense after a retrace if we had a higher volume down before. But, it really depends on the timeframe one's trading. For instance, on the intraday level, one could use the current retrace to open a short position waiting for the next leg down to happen.

On the daily timeframe, I would wait to see how the market react (which I am).

Check the action from 02/July/18 to 30/July/18 (price and volume) and you'll see what I'm referring to. One leg down in increasing volume, a retrace in decreasing volume and another leg down on higher volume.

btw, I too just use technical data to plan my trades.

Agree. If conditions are met, now it is short or nothing short term.

I suppose short sellers and trolls are synonymous - or maybe we represent a different side of the story some folks might not want to hear. I don't care how you play this - but if the company runs through its second Chief Accountant who only lasted a month, this has got to raise red flags for anyone who is a shareholder. People who are on the inside and know the company better than any of us are leaving for a good reason - and its not because the company has an unrivaled future.

I encourage people to evaluate their risk and act accordingly. When bad things happen, they tend to happen fast. If shares see a meaningful drop in price you will not get anything back. No one will save you. No companies will bail out the common. If you worked hard for your money, understand that every weekend you hold this stock, is a weekend you put your hard earned money at risk.

I understand there is a huge divide between bulls and bears on this issue but I implore you to look at the facts as they are today. Make the right decisions if not for yourself, but for the people who depend on you.

Aah yes the old redirect as a question.
Let me try...so really the question is will Don now write a SA article saying now is the time to by Tesla...or has he become so ingrained in his thinking that he can't possibly change his mind?

Or maybe this...Can it be the Mr Musk is so confident in his company that he does not give a fat rat's ass what Short's think?
I just wrote last night when we plan to switch from puts to calls in early 2019.

As far as SA articles I have only two more planned for the rest of 2018. One analyzing the Q3 production and delivery numbers next month, and the other will be an analysis of the Q3 10Q in November. As I stated last night I do not like SA's new paywall system that blocks 99% of a reader's ability to review past articles without buying a subscription. I wrote nothing for them in August and have no plans to do so in September. Whether I will write for them at all in 2019 is unknown at this point.

Musk does need to worry about what his "long" investors think. If given another chance today, how do you think the vote to split the CEO/Chairman roles would go?

My speculation is that Saudi fund had a change of heart since the going private move was cancelled and they are actively unloading their 5%. Why do it so aggressively I have no idea... Would have been smarter slowly over longer time period, IMHO.
That would be the good news to me, I wouldn’t have to pretend to like them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.