Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it one better, this article is complete stupidity and FUD. Flood of luxury electric vehicles? LOLOLOLOL...

ok, how's that audi electric car coming along, the ETRON? oh wait, it's not here yet? oh, i guess it's not so easy to develop, huh? not a mere, oh let's retool this and it'll make electric cars no problemo...

if you really think this article is factual, maybe you're living in a simulation like elon said we are.

If you honestly think that article is FUD (given The Verge is a tech site with a huge amount of credibility) then you're neck-deep in fanboy land. There is not one line in that article that is factually inaccurate.

People dismissing material developments and news which is negative, are just as bad (if not worse) than those who are focusing entirely on the negative news.

Why is he a train wreck...IN YOUR opinion....because of short term stock volatility?
Having built four of the most talked about companies in the last 20 years with two being unbelievably successful (PayPal,Space X) I think he has been a little bit better that a "Train Wreck"
CEO's are gauged much like professional athletes and coaches. A great record of past successes over months, years, or decades become meaningless in a world of "what have you done for us lately?"

I was initially got a little bit frustrated about the drop. Almost made panic sell. Then I decided to hold it for hundreds of thousands dollars paper loss. Maybe Elon is “purposely” set a bear trap? We will see...
He is not setting a bear trap....what I saw in the podcast was a very intelligent human talking about many things. As far as the pot stuff goes...Jabeesus the hypocrisy is ...frankly sickening. What he said about it was basically.... I DON'T USE IT AS IT IS A PRODUCTIVITY KILLER

Once we grow up and accept real people as real people we can move forward.

Whatever your personal views are on recreational weed, it was a horrible example of how not to lead by example. What do you suppose EM might think of people building his cars while chemically impaired? If it's OK for him, why not them?
That was a huge issue when Tesla Fremont was NUMMI, and we know how that ended.
Robin

He wasn't at work. I'm sure he wouldn't be happy if his workers came to work high or drunk but I'm not hearing any complaining about drinking whiskey in his free time?

Whatever your personal views are on recreational weed, it was a horrible example of how not to lead by example. What do you suppose EM might think of people building his cars while chemically impaired? If it's OK for him, why not them?
Robin

It means absolutely nothing. Nobody would even bat an eye if he had a few glasses of wine.

Robin

You do realize that there is a whole spectrum of difference between having a little drink/toke at 10pm after work and showing up on the job impaired, right?

Robin
Show me one other CEO who leads by example more than Musk!?! Jesus some people can't see the forest for the trees.

I was initially got a little bit frustrated about the drop. Almost made panic sell. Then I decided to hold it for hundreds of thousands dollars paper loss. Maybe Elon is “purposely” set a bear trap? We will see...

I wouldn’t count on this. But I’m holding my shares for over a decade. So this means nothing.

My main take-away (reminder) from watching the Joe Rogan interview: Elon is clearly on another level intellectually and NOT by a small margin. Like, orders of magnitude. This is apparent if you listen to him speak. His mouth is human and has to operate 1,000 times slower than his brain. By the time you hear him speak he's well onto thinking about something else.

Second: As a software engineer by trade I know all too well about working stupid amounts of hours to get products out the door. I partake recreationally on a semi-regular basis (but never during work hours). It allows me to "turn off" when it would be otherwise difficult. This is a complete non-issue.

Wishing I had some dry powder right now.

If your a short.
Has nothing to do with investors positions. Look at how many CEO's have been fired for performance on a CC, something said to the press, or bad behavior. It is not the investors that take the actions, it is the BoD's. I think we all know that with any other truly independent BoD Musk would have been replaced as CEO by now no matter how many shares he owns.

The question has become is Musk an anchor dragging Tesla down? Would a change of CEO spark new life into the SP? I think it would. Let Elon be the Chairman and Chief Product Architect and leave the job of producing those products to others. Then we could all get some much needed rest.

Agree with you. I just commented that now it is not the place to buy, and especially not the place to sell. The first hints of bulls taking control are happening, but to confirm this some more things must happen.

Please note that I am not trying to predict the price movement. I just say that for me, when the bullish movement is confirmed, then it will be the moment to bet my money.

As a bottom line fundamentals on Tesla didn't change at all (although I don't use them to trade). Model 3 record sales, huge disruptive tech, the only company with a steer assist on the market that I can actually buy (not being a joke), cars that become better with time through ota updates, competition years behind, ...

Although I agree with you that this is not a good time to buy, going short may make some sense after a retrace if we had a higher volume down before. But, it really depends on the timeframe one's trading. For instance, on the intraday level, one could use the current retrace to open a short position waiting for the next leg down to happen.

On the daily timeframe, I would wait to see how the market react (which I am).

Check the action from 02/July/18 to 30/July/18 (price and volume) and you'll see what I'm referring to. One leg down in increasing volume, a retrace in decreasing volume and another leg down on higher volume.

btw, I too just use technical data to plan my trades.

Reactions: fmonera
Is it a "thing" to take a hit on the Joe Rogan show? I don't get it. Why was Elon handed a smoking blunt?

Yup, Joe partakes in various legal forms of entertainment during his podcasts. Highly recommend watching the whole show as it is a wide ranging conversation that in context is quite enlightening re Elon and quite entertaining as well.

Fire Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.