Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. But the motivation to going private was to 'calm the seas' and help Tesla employees focus. You know what else would help? Not having your CEO acting erratically with baseless accusations and ill-advised tweets.

Oh I’m not so sure about that. One thing I noticed with the smoking weed is that the exposure Musk got was absolutely HUGE. The vast majority of comments I could see on the video were in support. Every video put out by the major networks slamming Elon had many times the amount of DISLIKES compared to LIKES and those too had several comments in support. The smoking thing may turn out to be a genius move.

The pedo thing, we shall wait and see how this plays out. Again, should have been handled differently I do agree.

The “funding secured” remains to be seen as well. I think this too will ultimately blow over.

Last edited:
New This rapid recovery is heartening. Finally starting to feel like I'm not the only one who sees the Bear poop for what it is.

BTW., there's been a bit of a NASDAQ selloff of ~30 points since the Bloomberg article that manipulated the price illegally was released, so TSLA might have closed a bit down from those $300 levels anyway.

I was on a 30 day ban, i even posted the ever hilarious post of

"Back from my 30 day ban, what did I miss?" that got like 14 funny votes.

Anyways, if you would like to link me to your post, i would be happy to respond.

I probably shouldnt have posted today, and you are right i have trimmed down posting a lot (some uh....involuntarily). I am starting to feel i have nothing to offer and even less to gain from here as time goes by. If it wasnt for the @luvb2b model that i like, i prob would leave for good. Might still.
By...no really by by...hurry the taxi is leaving.

Also, according to a WSJ leak, two weeks later Elon presented $30b worth of funding to the Tesla board, that was not just secured, but committed as well:

Public Bravado, Private Doubts: Inside the Unraveling of Elon Musk’s Tesla Buyout

"By Wednesday night, they’d a presentation for Mr. Musk, proposing a roster of deep-pocketed buyers,
together with Volkswagen and Silver Lake itself, that had agreed to contribute as a lot as $30 billion,
folks acquainted with the matter mentioned."​
This turned out to be false, didn't it? VW's CFO publicly denied it:

VW Vows to Give Tesla a Fight on Electric Cars, but Not Cash

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I was literally wondering when the next "stupid news" dip would be so I could pick up some more...

Bloomberg didn't let me down.

BTW., the Bloomberg article caused a drop in the price of -9.8%, which is larger than the price change caused by The Tweet (around +7%).

Given that the Bloomberg article appears to be materially misleading or false, is the SEC going to investigate this blatant attempt at potentially illegal price manipulation, and the suspicious trading patterns surrounding it? For example there was a ~30k shares block trade sell at around 11:30, shortly before the Bloomberg article broke at around 11:45, which trade moved the price by $2 immediately. Who executed that trade and what were the trader's communications with Bloomberg, the SEC or the DOJ? Was any confidential, privileged information leaked illegally?

BTW., the Bloomberg article caused a drop in the price of -9.8%, which is larger than the price change caused by The Tweet (around +7%).

Given that the Bloomberg article appears to be materially misleading or false, is the SEC going to investigate this blatant attempt at potentially illegal price manipulation, and the suspicious trading patterns surrounding it? For example there was a ~30k shares block trade sell at around 11:30, shortly before the Bloomberg article broke at around 11:45, which trade moved the price by $2 immediately. Who executed that trade and what were the trader's communications with Bloomberg, the SEC or the DOJ? Was any confidential, privileged information leaked illegally?
Good points. Can we officially report it to SEC and/or DOJ?

Last edited:
"Considering" = no problem. "Funding secured" = potential problem and the crux of the matter.

Of course I wish Elon never made that tweet but funding secured is still different than funding contractually locked in. Not trying to play semantics but trying to evaluate things from a criminal point of view. Criminal seems like a massive reach and stretch to me.

Somebody call the police.

police~~~~~_everybrea_101b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.