Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]
VW Denied this, but it isnt worth arguing at this point.

That is not true! Please stop spreading wrong information:

VW did not deny and did not comment!

"Volkswagen selbst wollte das Angebot bisher nicht kommentieren. Daher lässt sich auch nur darüber spekulieren, welche Pläne die Manager des Konzerns mit ihrer Offerte verfolgten"
Musk lehnt dankend ab: Volkswagen wollte bei Tesla einsteigen!

I have been today honored by Firebird who blocked me. Feels like I did something right ....

Given that the Bloomberg article appears to be materially misleading or false, is the SEC going to investigate this blatant attempt at potentially illegal price manipulation, and the suspicious trading patterns surrounding it?
Are you a shareholder? (heh) Place a complaint with the SEC. They have a online webform for the purpose. Cheers!

So you disagree with the term "potential" in this context?

Potential implies FUD and/or negative connotation.

I have no idea if there is "potentially" a problem. No one can answer that authoritatively other than the SEC/DOJ.

Someone overhears I am making a gigantic bomb, SWATs me and a dozen police cruisers show up at my house. Is there a potential problem? Sure as hell looks like it. It's a giant water balloon bomb.

The reality is there is no problem, and there never ever was a problem.

The dozen police cruisers have to show up anyway for "due diligence". Any actions against Musk/Tesla can logically be seen as such. Until proven otherwise. Think the shorts are going to give benefit of the doubt or wait for the truth??!?

I feel as though I need to chime in with a few observations after holding common shares of TSLA since 2012 (I got out of the Options nonsense some years back after my hands were too bloody to catch anymore knives)

Here's how I sleep quite restfully at night*;

- Accept that $100 swings in the span of weeks or even days are normal and to expect that level of volatility.
- Elon's going to Tweet. It's never a mortal wound, but there will be stitches required from time to time.
- Every ER gets a little more exciting than the last in terms of the numbers, let those numbers do the talking.

In short, as long as the lights are on in Fremont and Reno, I could care less about anything else.

*Got a TempurPedic last week, it's awesome.

Ross Gerber ‏Verified account @GerberKawasaki

Current DOJ criminal investigations include Wells Fargo, Microsoft, Astra Zeneca, TV broadcasters, Verizon and ATT. And of course VW. It's a long list, not that Im happy Tesla is on it. But it is far from the end of the world. In fact seems minor compared to others. $TSLA

10:16 AM - 18 Sep 2018

CFO of VW denied it on the record. He is a sufficient authority to speak in those matters on behalf of the company.

Well, I did not see that video and there is only statements in the Gernan news that VW did not comment on that matter. If the CFO indeed denied it I would expect this to show up in the German media instead I read that they wanted to and did not comment when asked..

Happy to be proven wrong but show me the prove. As of now all what we have is a comment from Bloomberg what the VW CFO said but believe me I don't trust Bloomberg news if they talk Tesla...

Note that according to Bloomberg:

"Federal prosecutors opened a fraud investigation after Musk tweeted last month that he was contemplating taking Tesla private and had “funding secured” for the deal, said the people, who were granted anonymity to discuss a confidential criminal probe."

So while the leak is today, the criminal investigation appears to have been opened right away. Seems to me it may be no more than due diligence by the DOJ in the face of allegations Musk tweeted with criminal intent (e.g. to punish the shorts). I suspect such a criminal case will be very hard-to-impossible to make, but I'm no legal expert.

Then, if this wasn't a new development. what's bloombergs reasoning of disclosing this break of confidentiality information (criminal itself?) during trading hours without details beyond "rumors of criminal investigation" and thereby causing unreasonable stock drop (e.g. punish the longs) with perfectly timed shorting stepping in not being a criminal act itself? Freedom of press?

I know we are all Tesla fans... but we also can’t just say “Elon’s gonna tweet.” Just because we all support Tesla and the mission doesn’t give Elon the right to do reckless and stupid things. Things like this hurt the mission, and we should not be complacent. That just enables Elon to do it even more. I’m frankly glad this investigation is underway. Releasing half baked info like that did significantly effect the market and materially effected myself, and I hope Elon learns his lesson. He doesn’t get to take his supporters for granted.

I know we are all Tesla fans... but we also can’t just say “Elon’s gonna tweet.” Just because we all support Tesla and the mission doesn’t give Elon the right to do reckless and stupid things. Things like this hurt the mission, and we should not be complacent. That just enables Elon to do it even more. I’m frankly glad this investigation is underway. Releasing half baked info like that did significantly effect the market and materially effected myself, and I hope Elon learns his lesson. He doesn’t get to take his supporters for granted.
Your concern trolling isn't appreciated. Elon is fine. He has not done anything all that reckless or out of character. There is HARDLY an investigation.

"Fake News"

Now this is master manipulation!
My investing formula: FUD+manipulation :)
Master manipulation.png

Status
Not open for further replies.