Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the probe is obviously completely fruitless and the investigators know from the beginning that they are wasting their and everyone else's time?
You've never had a dumb boss that asks you to do things even though the answer is obvious? Most likely because someone wants to look good to someone else or save face? This is worse in the government than private sector due to more politics involved.

Saying he was considering taking Tesla private was not reckless and stupid if it was the truth. By tweeting he actually better informed common investors such as ourselves instead of preferentially telling only large institutional holders, which is likely the more "normal" action. Elon did nothing wrong at all in this case.
Obviously that part was not reckless and stupid. The problem is the other stuff - "Funding secured", and especially "contingent only on shareholder vote". That last part appears now to have been false, and that makes it pretty darn reckless.

Tesla is very likely to join S&P 500 index mid 2019. Q3 result is the key. I think Q3 is likely to be profitable.
Tesla can use cashflow from Model 3 to fund future projects, except the Shanghai factory will use a local loan. Unlike what shorts have been predicting, Model 3 is actually an amazing car, owners love the car and it's very profitable.
I think Tesla's autonomous driving is finally coming. V10 will likely to demo coast to coast. That should be a major boost for Tesla brand and stock price. Autonomous driving worth at least $100B market cap.

My current car is almost autonomous for my daily drive. There are 4 things he can't do yet:
1. On ramp off ramp, pretty sure this will be included in 9.X
2. Stop signs and traffic lights, pretty sure the SW can handle these in shadow mode now.
3. Drive on selected navigation routes. This is relatively easy for normal routes. Probably will be released in V9.X
4. Turning. There are complex cases, but for most road, the car should be able to handle it next year.

Once the above 4 are achieved between V9 and V10, my daily drive will be essentially autonomous. It will be a major step.

At this time I just add shares when I get new cash, ignore the noise. No margin. Always assume there could be bigger drops in short term.

Mod-deleted

Eh, this news which has existed for a month was presented at an extremely opprotune moment, was precipitated by some interesting trades, and has no bearing on Tesla’s business reality.

Perhaps some are misguided in their unhappiness but this market action is fishier than Elon’s tweets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Stock got clearly above $300, and this FUD BS got laid out. Yes, there is manipulation going on here, but Musk and Tesla aren't the ones doing it...

TSLA stockholders look like a bunch of nervous weaklings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want to buy TSLA, grow a pair of balls first. Even if you're a lady. And ignore the BS.
In Norway we call it “Nerves made of steel” :)

There was some forced short covering via margin call an the opening on Aug 8th. But then, shorts are shareholders (they sold'em, remember?), so they have no shareholder standing or legal rights for damages due to shareholders.
I think you dropped a "not" somewhere in there ;)

But even then, there should only be damages for the additional spike caused by the tweet, not the whole day raise caused largely by regular market action.

Well you have demonstrated clearly and without doubt that you are a POS.

I don't mind being banned, as long as the mods take you out.

Don't worry I'm leaving, I fully expect to get banned - but this thread really ought not try and portray itself as a place for serious conversation about investment, given anything remotely questioning the company or even positing any idea that isn't "Tesla is going to be a $2 trillion company, and if you can't see that, you're a worthless piece of *sugar*", is immediately ripped apart by people who sound more like Nindendo fanboys than serious investors.

I really do not understand the level of hostility towards basic information and data about Tesla - there are almost 5 pages of comments saying the Bloomberg article was FUD - yes it was written sensationally but it was accurate - so it's clearly not 'FUD'. Many comments are down-voted because people don't like basic facts stated in them..

I on;y actually joined this thread because someone who is (was?) an investor in TSLA asked my opinion on something. The vast majority of people who post in this thread are morons and clearly should not be allowed anywhere near a trading desk.

While I am on this rant, the phrase "not an advice" is grammatically illiterate. It should either be "This is not advice" or (better) "Not an Advisement".

/mic

"Funding secured"
Is completely up to interpretation.

Could be anywhere from: "I might be able to get enough funds to do this. If I beg everyone I know." Over " I've got this fund willing to invest billions (and others will most likely join in)" To "The signature on the closed deal is still drying"

And there's no clear definition of any legal boundary

Beyond that, the whole statement was preempted with "considering" making the deal a possibility only in the first place

The problem is that he doubled down with his next tweet; "Investor support is confirmed. Only reason why this is not certain is that it’s contingent on a shareholder vote."

Status
Not open for further replies.