Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me elaborate. This quarter they deliver upto an estimated 80k cars and this is described as “logistics hell” and leaves customers with a bad taste after surviving a chaotic mess of an unorganized process. Yet, we expect them to ramp up to a million cars per year within a couple of years. That would mean 250k cars per quarter, so more than 3x higher volume than this every quarter!

Last year they had delivered 25k/Q in orderly fashion. So a 3x growth broke them already and we expect another 3-fold. So they better figure this out, otherwise we will never see million per year sales...

You do realize that delivery bottle neck is correlated to a lack of infrastructure vs ICE companies have right? If I were to add up all the ICE delivery centers in my state, it'll be MORE than the entire amount of Tesla delivery centers in the entire U.S. There are slightly more Tesla delivery centers in Europe than in the U.S. So just based on that, we can 2x deliveries if Tesla 2x the production without a problem. The problem is trying to deliver 50-150 cars per service center per day. There's not some magic that can make 500 cars to be delivered per day. Which ICE dealership sells 200 cars a day? That will just be madness no matter which company. Understand that Tesla have already pushed efficiency to the limits with physical delivery centers. When was the last time you picked up a new car at a Toyota dealership in under 15 mins? Buying a new car anywhere usually takes an entire afternoon!

So basically deliveries and demand have superseded Telsa's infrastructure. So to increase deliveries we just need for them to either build more service centers or just ship them directly to homes like Carvana.

Your math is faulty. Not all Model 3s are AWD.

My math is not faulty. You can only make 5k AWD Model 3s with 10k drive units. The rumors going around is that RWD demand is really low right now, part of why Tesla raised the price of the AWD option, and that they already have enough RWD stock on hand.

Sure they can adjust the mix of RWD and AWD to meet the needs, which could be a total of more than 5k Model 3s/week, but it can't be more than 5k AWD Model 3s...

David Faber on Twitter

SEC settles for 20M fine and Elon to remain as CEO, but resign as director

This settlement offer sounds very much like the original one we heard rumors of that they rejected. Actually this one has an additional year of excluding Elon from the Chairman roll... There must have been something they really didn't like in the original settlement offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.