Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Baron said he told Musk he would prefer if Tesla remained public.
These stories are great, but the anticipation of waiting for numbers is killing me.
why? What so special do you expect to see?
Tesla will be in the green by some 200mln. It is the first Q in green so FUD will stay strong and MM hysteria will continue with rehashing of all this huge pile of nonsense starting with "higher level of injuries in Tesla" which they still fail to make anything real from and ending with SEC bs. I don't see any reason for FUD to dissipate or even diminish even after Q4 with some 600mln in green. Stock will stay suppressed until rating agencies will uplift Tesla from "junk" status and "trustworthy" major "analysts" will give positive ratings. You know, the candies for shy managers of index and bigger mutual funds.

Not gonna happen as long Musk holds all control over Tesla.

Exited at 5.3k even having restricted colors. Not at 6k.

The bottle neck is likely drive units and packs/cells, it takes twice as many to make AWD (which has better margin than RWD)

RWD: 49k
AWD: 55k
6k increase for the price of a front drive unit. Say 4k profit.
if RWD is 20% margin: 10k vs 14k, and 5,000 AWDs is profit equivalent to 7,000 RWD.

Reactions: bookfast
As a long watching the minute by minute ticker is like self inflicted torture. Not sure why I do it...but I do!

Yeah, watch it like ALL the time - on my Apple Watch too when I'm out and about, on my cycle even. Hopelessly addicted.

AND YET I DON'T PLAN TO SELL ANYTHING UNTIL IT'S LIKE 10x HIGHER THAN NOW!!!

Why do we do this?

These production / delivery numbers are better than expected.
In no way did they not exceed expectations.
What’s the motivation to sell.
A win should feel like a win.

Motivation is to suppress $TSLA and instill FUD in investors. It that costs a couple of $million every day, so what, the pot is very deep...

Interesting to see the difference in price movements with and without the uptick rule

uptick.png

I finally worked up the will to play the game shorts are playing and SOLD some shares at 315 this morning. First ever Sell and it was a bit painful. Already looking to buy those back at a lower price when the dip loses steam. And thanks to shorts I’ll probably own one or two shares more than I did before

I put some sell orders too, but they didn't hit. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what we're seeing is profit taking from yesterday.

Google search result text: Tesla delivered 52,239 Model 3s in the 3rd quarter — missing Wall Street expectations
Business Insider - 1 hour ago

Actual article:

Tesla Model 3 deliveries top Wall Street expectations (TSLA) | Markets Insider

Itchy trigger finger eh Grahmy boy?
CNBC did the same thing. Robert Ferris' results headline said "but misses on..." when it was first published.

A few minutes later it was mysteriously gone from the headline. The article doesn't mention anything missing at all. (I wonder if they were referring to the weekly production goal of 6,000, which is chump-change in the face of the other beats.)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
So, it seems like there is heavy pressure to bring the stock price down. Tons of stocks are getting dumped in short periods of time bringing the price down.

But, can somebody explain why market manipulation with Tesla is always done to bring the price down? Wouldn't it be equally effective to place large buy orders to bring the price rapidly up. Then sell slowly throughout the day. Seems less risky as well.

Is it because tons of people place limit orders for selling and not buying stocks? I would assume some shorts have limit orders to buy back stocks in case of massive price increases.

Or is it because their motive it not simply to make money, but to drive the price of Tesla down? I.e. they are invested in oil and other car companies. I find this conspiracy theory a little bit far fetched.

Announce a crazy timeline, bring it forward to impossible, actually deliver somewhere between the two...

Shall we open up a sweepstake on this? When will GF3 spit out its first car? I say April 1st 2020.

What say you?

Things move fast in China, but I don't think that fast; I can't see how Gigafactory 3 can spit out cars that fast. I predict first GF3 production spits out Dec 2020...

Reactions: Fact Checking
Status
Not open for further replies.