Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Tesla expects the factory to produce its first cars in three years, according to an earnings release in August”

CNBC conveniently forgets about the Oct 2nd Tesla delivery update which said that shanghai factory plans have been accelerated.

That’s okay, let them forget the updated plans. Besides is a time table really necessary for a Potemkin Village?

I'm pretty certain that when AutoPilot is active (i.e. when the car is driven) the chips typically just clock up to the maximum frequency. It's all liquid cooled, so there should be no thermal throttling.

Only the Model 3 has a liquid cooled AP computer. Model S&X use an air-cooled design.

I wouldn't make much of anything of the 20$ million in stock purchased by Musk. It's pretty clearly that the company wants him to pay both halves of the SEC settlement and they don't want it to impact their cash on hand at all
Correction: Elon wanted to pay the entire fine himself, he didn't want the company to be fined at all.

Does anybody have coordinates for this plot? I'd like to follow it from space.

Edit: So far, I found this: Gigafactory 3 developments
The location doesn't make much sense for general public that does not have planning maps.

But the picture in one of the document here:
上海市规划和国土资源管理局
View attachment 343398
matches this plot:
View attachment 343399
which is here:
View attachment 343400
One thing we can confirm is:
This is not in the "free trade zone", so there will not be tariff for cars produced here.
That's approximately here:
30°52'17.0"N 121°46'00.0"E
Google Maps

Does anybody know good satellite image websites which show this area?

Last edited:
Correction: Elon wanted to pay the entire fine himself, he didn't want the company to be fined at all.

In that case, why is Tesla issuing shares to Elon, which dilutes existing shareholders, instead of fining him for the second $20 million?

With this arrangement, Tesla will show $20m higher than otherwise SG&A and higher share count, both of which hurt investors... makes no sense.

Does anybody have coordinates for this plot? I'd like to follow it from space.
Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.21.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.22.23 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.23.14 AM.png

In that case, why is Tesla issuing shares to Elon, which dilutes existing shareholders, instead of fining him for the second $20 million?

With this arrangement, Tesla will show $20m higher than otherwise SG&A and higher share count, both of which hurt investors... makes no sense.
You thought he should buy it on the open market? That would be inviting the SEC to re-investigate for stock manipulation. Its not like they need the commission of a crime, just something that spun the right way almost looks off.

[edited to add: in essence, this is a money raise and very vanilla. The other would "look" like an attempt at insider trading since $TSLA is currently undervalued.]

No, there should be no change overall: there's the -$20m fine, but also +$20m investment income.

Also, the dilution by issuing ~70,000 shares is infinitesimal: quarterly employee stock compensation alone is an order of magnitude higher.

EM's purchase will not affect share price. He is buying newly issued shares directly.

It reduces the per-share value of future cash flows, ceteris paribus.
No, there should be no change overall: there's the -$20m fine, but also +$20m investment income.

Also, the dilution by issuing ~70,000 shares is infinitesimal: quarterly employee stock compensation alone is an order of magnitude higher.

This isn't investment income; it's pure dilution for existing shareholders that value the stock at more than current price: i.e. all investors.

It's clear to me at this point that no one stands up to Elon at Tesla, and this, in my opinion, is by far the most significant risk to investors.

...because he’s going to use his gains from these transactions to settle the class action BS...whenever that ends.

bloomberg estimates that he will settle for 5-10% of the alleged losses (claims are in the 100s mm)

——
Tesla Won't Defeat Investor Fraud Suits Over Going-Private Tweet
2018-10-17 12:00:19.906 GMT

Tesla is unlikely to defeat lawsuits alleging private securities fraud in connection with CEO Elon Musk's tweets about taking Tesla private. Tesla's top-end exposure could be hundreds of millions of dollars, according to the complaints. Settlement value could be closer to 5-10% of alleged losses. Tesla will likely settle the cases.
——

i thought the claims were against elon not tesla, but what do i know. bloomberg also claims that the ‘investors’ filing suit are in favor at this point.

TINSTAAFL, unless perhaps, you’re elon.

• Informative
Reactions: Thumper
Status
Not open for further replies.