Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure it’s a bit different for everyone, but as long as money is involved it’s not a friendly table in a quiet cafe (in general).

What this forum is for sure, is THE place to get the most accurate and detailed information about all things Elon/Tesla/related.

After that it’s whatever you make of it for yourself.

My perception is/was - this is a friendly place to get the most accurate and detailed information about all things Elon/Tesla/related. So I wasn't too far off :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
can't tell if you're being serious

Thought deeply during the past weeks about having a giant pile of cash available - larger house - 2 young kids and wife pregnant, and currently weighing upgrading my life or holding onto this giant chunk of my financial future.

And I can’t risk that on a dude who can’t define “tomorrow” properly.

Dude had a few hours left...it is not decided yet.

Thought deeply during the past weeks about having a giant pile of cash available - larger house - 2 young kids and wife pregnant, and currently weighing upgrading my life or holding onto this giant chunk of my financial future.

And I can’t risk that on a dude who can’t define “tomorrow” properly.

Dude had a few hours left...it is not decided yet.
well whether or not today brings a lemur, if that is what you have going on in your life you def should not be going all-in in Tesla, or any one stock for that matter. I think a prudent financial advisor would say to diversify and de-risk given your situation. And keep a good chunk in cash.

Tesla is a very enticing stock for those who like to gamble (I'm guilty) due to the inherent volatility and potential upside (or potential downside for those religious bears).... but please don't do it if you have major personal obligations that put you in a tight spot. Not worth it. Just put a little into Tesla to enjoy it if it does turn into what we know it can.

Echo chamber. There is some, sporadic useful discussion, but you have to exactly know whom to follow, while also watching out for propaganda machines. The more substantive discussions happen in sub-threads, and rarely on Market Action/General investor threads.
Thanks.
Before I found this forum I was relegated to the comment sections of yahoo, youtube, SA, etc... man that was depressing. While this place may also be a bit echo chamber-y... at least it offers a counter balance to the FUD that permeates nearly everywhere else.

I agree however that being in any echo chamber can potentially skew one's view of truth. It seems nearly impossible to have perfectly objective information.

We don't even know what Elon meant about the lemur! Maybe he's going to donate money to a zoo so they can add a lemur "enclosure" aka. exhibit. Who knows. Maybe it's some sort of cryptic joke that we haven't figured out.

I certainly wouldn't base a major investment decision on tweets like that, let alone accuse Elon of lying.

When I saw the tweets, my reaction was along the lines of "that's interesting, wonder what that is". I'm surprised how much attention this is getting.
Devaluing ones word is worth more than your joke implies you think it’s worth.

My goal was 1000 shares but the 826 I have will be sold tomorrow if I’m lied to again.

I’m not investing in somebody I cannot trust.

When the ceo of a now 40billion dollar company cannot keep a 24 hour commitment I’m out.

I come here more for the breaking of news/stories for Tesla as I know the activity/participation is high in this thread and try to make my own assessments. I don't care that the opinions are biased/slanted towards longs - I don't use those in making trading/investing decisions. I also follow many $TSLA bears on Twitter as they will also break news (especially if negative) very quickly.

Seeking Alpha I tend to avoid in general due to the twisting of fiction/opinions into facts.

See SEC documents for Tesla margins. Take out G&A and debt interest and some other items and you are left with profits.
Now you can:
- re-invest into Tesla and expand the products
- put into the bank and sit on the cash (US corps. at all time high for cash on hand)
- big bonuses to management or higher pay
- distribute to share holder
-buy back your stock (again many US corps doing just that)

I really, really like that Tesla keeps growing as fast as they can. I really don't know why anyone complains.
Perhaps if you want to add to stock volatility? Just complain to stir things up?
Perhaps if you want to remove Elon and or take over Tesla to ....what sell off assets; cut costs and maximise short term profits until some real competition shows up?? That is what happened to Timber Industry out here in NW. Japan got lots of cheap wood/trees.

You can read SEC documents. Why does anyone claim they "aren't profitable"? Yes they are and they re-invest.
TOTAL Tesla R&D 2010-2917 about $4.3 billion - see below. ANY other company getting that much bang for the buck??
Tesla's R&D costs 2010-2017 | Statistic

I really don't understand what people are talking about. I guess when money is your only value all you can talk about is the money game??

Let's all lose the anger and remember the reason that we're actually here taking part in this thread: Lemurs.

unX6Ccp.jpg

7fbbe6bdac52d3cf2d7dfd654d9812e8.jpg

funny-lemurs-praying.jpg

coffee-lemur.png

Thanks.
Before I found this forum I was relegated to the comment sections of yahoo, youtube, SA, etc... man that was depressing. While this place may also be a bit echo chamber-y... at least it offers a counter balance to the FUD that permeates nearly everywhere else.

I agree however that being in any echo chamber can potentially skew one's view of truth. It seems nearly impossible to have perfectly objective information.

Yep, agreed. Your situation is the norm: SA to TMC to enlightenment to Elon Time to the endless wait, but you came in at a good price, so you should be fine, but that’s what I said when I started too. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dqd88 and SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.