Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry I send Deepak an electroshocker with detailed instructions how to use it to take Elon out if he tries to say something crazy
I don't think so: being on the call is a privilege, and they know it. My expectation is for them to congratulate Tesla and Elon for this outstanding result and be respectful in their questions. I also expect Elon to be super polite, deferential and careful in his wording.

No need for Elon to be defensive anymore, Tesla is now a money printing press.

Don't worry I sent Deepak a teaser with detailed instructions on how to use it to take Elon out if he tries to say something crazy

YET.

Mexico makes far better vehicles than China?

Funny. Steel is one of the manufacturing imports I work with. Happy to work with you to ensure stuff arrives in spec and at a good price. Are you a purchase decision maker? We should talk. I still stand by its production and QA - not country of origin.

My experience is anecdotal but also thorough.

We’ve never received steel at the specified hardness. Not one time. We group up and test it each time and laugh at the results.

And most multi component machining jobs come back out of dimension and we put a machinist to work to fix something we just bought.

But please note, I have nothing against the Chinese.

My belief is that they are such low cost they are able to secure countless high profile clients..when I see a company selling to multiple fortune 500s I feel I can trust their work - but these firms are selling to those companies because they are way cheaper, and there isn’t a Yelp for industrial material quality.

If I could partner with a firm who specializes in tungsten, lead, and engineered steels who could supply me with items I trusted I would buy all my stuff from them, regardless of where they are on the planet or what they look like.

But if I sit the right way in my chair I can see a 2.7 million dollar 3 ton paperweight.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Well gang, with all my Tesla stock now sitting in my garage and being driven every chance I get, I have been watching this thread as a very interested bystander for the past 6 weeks or so.

I can not begin to Express my gratification in seeing these Q3 earnings coming out, knowing the rewards it will usher in for all you bulls out there that have stayed the course. I am really happy for you all.

The bears will not go away overnight. They will try to spin something to their advantage with all this news. They won't die without a fight. Probably an ugly fight. I truly believe however, that the most difficult times are behind you now.

Congratulations one and all.

Dan

I imagine part of the sourcing they are talking about is for the components of the battery cells. One of the big advantage Chinese battery producers have is the readily available local minerals for producing their batteries. This could be a huge cost savings for Chinese produced Tesla batteries.
I think they want to stick with Panasonic for cell mfr, just to try to keep the chemistry confidential. Process will slowly leak out, but maintaining their innovation edge should be better working with one vendor who’s life depends more and more on one partner.

Conference call. ITS ON!

giphy.gif

Why would they need to roll the debt forward? They have enough cash to pay it off now, they will have even more after Q4 and the beginning of 19Q1.
An even better reason to roll the debt if they can get some good % rates and terms. They ARE going to need money, I think and at this point with these earnings - still really need to break it down - they have leverage. Take debt when you can if you're going to need it. Some might argue that in a couple years, everything will be cheaper but the future is still somewhat hard to predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.